Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lomachenko Manager: Lopez and Haney Beat Champions at 140 But They Couldn't Do Anything with Loma at 135

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Lomachenko Manager: Lopez and Haney Beat Champions at 140 But They Couldn't Do Anything with Loma at 135

Veteran boxing manager Egis Klimas thinks there needs to be more respect afforded to Vasiliy Lomachenko, in light of how his former adversaries have fared recently.
    [Click Here To Read More]

What sort of BS is this?

In regards to Haney, it’s a somewhat valid point, the consensus is Loma deserved the nod but in the case of Lopez, he clearly beat Loma. No way in hell you could score that fight to Loma.

Comment

Lopez won that fight regardless of how you cut it, even the most die hard Loma fan has to score it 7-5 in Lopez's favour...

Haney it's a lot more debatable but either way no one can cry on robbery, close fights aren't robberies like people like to say, it's not to say I don't think Loma won, I do.

Loma is good enough to beat them all but for some reason he always allows the fight to be debatably close in his most significant fights and it bites him in the arse.
      Last edited by Boro; 02-07-2024, 08:50 AM. Reason: Adding on to robbery

Comment

He is alot more talented and has far more skill than either Lopez or Haney. He just started way too late. Lopez and Haney are elite athletes and very good boxers. Loma out talented both. But I had a draw with Lopez because Loma stupidly fought hurt and Lopez fought a very smart fight.

He beat Haney, no doubt, but he did take the 12th off and that was really ridiculous. He was the old man being fed to the young guy. He should have stopped Haney, left no doubt.

I hope he has enough left to unify at 135 and retire. One more injury and he is done.
        eco1 eco1 likes this.

Comment

Genuinely stopped reading at the suggestion that the judges robbed him against Teo. That's just delusional.
          BigDaddySmooth BigDaddySmooth likes this.

Comment

Loma is great no doubt, but he lost to TEO clearly…Haney fight was close, I had no issue w/ Haney getting the nod in that fight ..

Comment

I don't have an issue with someone having Loma winning the fight against Haney since I felt there were a lot of swing rounds. I did watch Loma refuse to engage Teo for 7 straight rounds and drop the 12th. That wasn't close or honestly even debatable.

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Mouzone View Post
                Loma is great no doubt, but he lost to TEO clearly…Haney fight was close, I had no issue w/ Haney getting the nod in that fight ..
                What does it say about Loma, that he chose to fight Kambo, instead of Shakur Stevenson???

cruz1383 cruz1383 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Theshotyoudontsee View Post
                  He is alot more talented and has far more skill than either Lopez or Haney. He just started way too late. Lopez and Haney are elite athletes and very good boxers. Loma out talented both. But I had a draw with Lopez because Loma stupidly fought hurt and Lopez fought a very smart fight.

He beat Haney, no doubt, but he did take the 12th off and that was really ridiculous. He was the old man being fed to the young guy. He should have stopped Haney, left no doubt.

I hope he has enough left to unify at 135 and retire. One more injury and he is done.
                  Skill and talent count for nothing if two other dudes surpass you or are going to surpass you. There’s no way Loma won 6 rounds against Lopez after taking 6 off and losing the 12th pretty badly.
                  cruz1383 cruz1383 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                    What does it say about Loma, that he chose to fight Kambo, instead of Shakur Stevenson???
                    That he just came off a tuff loss against a very good young fighter and he wanted an easier fight where he could look good and regain some confidence..IMHO he has earned that

Comment

Working...
                    X