Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Apollo Approved: Carl Weathers Set The Tone For The Best of The Rocky Series

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Apollo Approved: Carl Weathers Set The Tone For The Best of The Rocky Series

There are a few things that people of all persuasions can agree on. Even boxing fans. Among them, there's a universal acknowledgement that Carl Weathers was the man. Particularly these days, in the wake of his death at age 76. His personification of Apollo Creed helped make the early movies in the Rocky series explode off the screen, and it's practically impossible after all these years to imagine someone else - even a real-life champion like Ken Norton, who was initially cast for it - in that role.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Disappointing that NSB simply doesn't care about a guy who arguably played a character so well that a real boxer couldn't have done a better job. And it showcased the business very well - especially #2 and #3.

That series (not the current one) helped keep boxing in the mainstream just a bit longer.

Comment

Carl Weathers lifted weights at the legendary Vince Gironda’s gym if I’m not mistaken. Helped him build a great physique in his prime.

Comment

RIP Action Jackson

Comment

Rocky 4 was huge and is both incredibly absurd and also incredibly great. It is on par with the first Rocky, not in terms of being an Oscar contender.....but in a totally bombastic, over the top 80's cartoon come to life kind of way.

Comment

Lyle Fitzsimmons is not qualified to review the Rocky series. What a lame, lethargic write-up.

Comment

The greatest boxing movies ever made (1-2-3 )
              4 is ok but it’s already a long foreseen ending

Comment

Yep, the fight in Rocky II is my favorite boxing scene. Love the music score that's playing when Rocky and Apollo have their rematch.

Comment

"Rocky Iv" is by far my favorite.

I still use the soundtrack to run on the treadmill and work out to "Burning Heart" "Training Montage" & "Hearts On Fire" sometimes

Carl Weathers was the dude.

Comment

Working...
                  X