Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Israil Madrimov Files To Enforce WBA Mandatory Title Shot; Kurbanov Fight Momentarily Paused

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Israil Madrimov Files To Enforce WBA Mandatory Title Shot; Kurbanov Fight Momentarily Paused

Israil Madrimov is determined to fight for the WBA title next. An eventual ruling from the sanctioning body will determine whether that will come versus the belt's current claimant or in a vacant title fight.
    [Click Here To Read More]

More fighters need to aggressively enforce their mandatory status rather than wait it out based on vague promises. Look what happened to Stanionis.

Hopefully Morrell does the same at 168.
    James Hunt James Hunt drablj drablj like this.

Comment

Originally posted by dan-b View Post
      More fighters need to aggressively enforce their mandatory status rather than wait it out based on vague promises. Look what happened to Stanionis.

Hopefully Morrell does the same at 168.
      I agree. But some of these dudes be taking step-aside money to fight on non-televised undercards and get completely forgotten bc nobody knows them or sees them so it gives these other guys a reason to avoid them. Can't blame them for taking the money bc it's easy money and they got bills, etc to take care of. But either you take the step-aside money and risk losing to the politics of the sport or refuse the step-aside money and enforce your politics on the sport. Can't have your cake and eat it too if this is the correct idiom to use here.
      dan-b dan-b MulaKO MulaKO like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Griever0730 View Post

I agree. But some of these dudes be taking step-aside money to fight on non-televised undercards and get completely forgotten bc nobody knows them or sees them so it gives these other guys a reason to avoid them. Can't blame them for taking the money bc it's easy money and they got bills, etc to take care of. But either you take the step-aside money and risk losing to the politics of the sport or refuse the step-aside money and enforce your politics on the sport. Can't have your cake and eat it too if this is the correct idiom to use here.
        Guys are getting step aside money for years
        That’s on them
        At acertain point they gotta put their foot down and start enforcing what they’ve trained so hard for
        dan-b dan-b likes this.

Comment

Diplomacy should be attempted first, but if that fails then enforce your status. These guys have paid fees for their fights to be called "eliminators", it deserves to have an end result.

Comment

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post

Guys are getting step aside money for years
            That’s on them
            At acertain point they gotta put their foot down and start enforcing what they’ve trained so hard for
            Exactly my point. Money talks and the right price will change people's minds quickly. They can't get mad when they're forced to continue to play politics they agreed to by taking that side money. Not all money is good money when there's a goal in mind.

Comment

Exactly my point. Money talks and the right price will change people's minds quickly. They can't get mad when they're forced to continue to play politics they agreed to by taking that side money. Not all money is good money when there's a goal in mind.
              Totally agree
              And it’s on them after to biatch about it but it’s also up to them to say one fight even two but then you gotta start shooting
              Everybody has bills they ain’t no different but some them have a hard time thinking about the long run
              I notice that since I became a fan

Comment

Originally posted by dan-b View Post

Diplomacy should be attempted first, but if that fails then enforce your status. These guys have paid fees for their fights to be called "eliminators", it deserves to have an end result.
                I agree. But being diplomatic and noble in a corrupt af sport like boxing is a weakness. Hard to be a gentlemen in an environment full of savages. These guys need to stop bending over for side money and put pressure on these organizations to actually follow their oft-broken rules if they plan on accomplishing their goals as boxers. But like I said, bills gotta get paid, fam needs food on the table and solid paydays aren't guaranteed in this sport for most guys so I can't knock them. But those decisions come with a cost(no pun intended). It's all a matter of priority.
                dan-b dan-b likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post

Totally agree
                  And it’s on them after to biatch about it but it’s also up to them to say one fight even two but then you gotta start shooting
                  Everybody has bills they ain’t no different but some them have a hard time thinking about the long run
                  I notice that since I became a fan
                  Yep. Some of these dudes reach a certain level, get these nice paydays, think that they're gonna keep coming in and don't think about what could happen in the future(losses, injuries, lawsuits, etc.). Then they fail to have a backup plan and end up dropping down some notches and end up having to take the hard road back up again. Seen so many times and it's sad. But boxing is a business first and always will be. Ain't no morality in this.
                  MulaKO MulaKO likes this.

Comment

Working...
                  X