Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Navarrete Promoter on Shakur Stevenson: He's More Boring than Mass at 3 In the Afternoon

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Navarrete Promoter on Shakur Stevenson: He's More Boring than Mass at 3 In the Afternoon

The co-promoter of Emanuel Navarrete is far from sold on a matchup involving his charge and ace southpaw Shakur Stevenson. Fernando Beltran, who promotes Navarrete with Top Rank, was recently asked about a hypothetical fight pitting Navarrete, a titlist at 130 pounds, against current 135-pound champion Stevenson, and his response was one of visceral distaste, comparing a Stevenson fight to a certain sleep-inducing ecclesiastical activity.
    [Click Here To Read More]

He said that Stevenson is More boring than 3 hour long Mass.

Comment

Being a Priest, I concur.
      eco1 eco1 likes this.

Comment

I mean that’s one way to duck lol.

I’m confused why Robson isn’t getting a rematch. Wasn’t that fight exciting?
        Some of these promoters are killing boxing, scared for their fighters to look bad or take an L.

This is why I love the amateurs sometimes and Olympics. Might be some corruption sometimes but at least the best vs the best, there’s no ‘this guy has an awkward style so we’ll duck him’

Comment

Sorry he is right I want watch him again until Shakur is the underdog

Comment

Absolutely hilarious and true.

Comment

Originally posted by messi807 View Post
              I mean that’s one way to duck lol.

I’m confused why Robson isn’t getting a rematch. Wasn’t that fight exciting?
              Some of these promoters are killing boxing, scared for their fighters to look bad or take an L.

This is why I love the amateurs sometimes and Olympics. Might be some corruption sometimes but at least the best vs the best, there’s no ‘this guy has an awkward style so we’ll duck him’
              How can you win against this MOFO.

I think DLS did but instead got a loss against this dude who only ran for 12 rounds.

Comment

, Shakur is very skillful and is not an easy fight for anyone I too have criticized his style from time to time . I have also given him his props , he looked great against Herring , Valdez , Conceicao and Yoshino would not call those fights boring .But the he stunk it back up against De Los Santos.

Comment

It's true but Vaquero doesn't have a chance against him. If the play is to fight Loma I understand. He loses that too but that fight would be entertaining anyway.

Comment

I don't know if anyone remember when the San Antonio spurs were winning championships. They'd hold opponents under 95 points and win, but it was boring as fuk. I'd take the splash brothers anyday

Comment

Working...
                    X