Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Emmanuel Rodriguez-Ryosuke Nishida: Kameda Promotions Wins Purse Bid For IBF Title Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Emmanuel Rodriguez-Ryosuke Nishida: Kameda Promotions Wins Purse Bid For IBF Title Fight

Koki Kameda continues to make his presence felt as a promoter. BoxingScene.com has confirmed that Kameda Promotions won the promotional rights to the Emmanuel Rodriguez-Ryosuke Nishida IBF bantamweight title fight. Kameda--a former three-division champ and now head of the promotional company bearing his name--bid $300,010 to outpace Fresh Productions Boxing ($250,000) during Tuesday's purse bid hearing conducted via Zoom from IBF headquarters in Springfield, New Jersey.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 01-30-2024, 01:12 PM.

Oh wow this wasn’t on my radar and Nishida is one of my prospects! Phenomenal boxer with no power.

Comment

Rodriguez frustrated with the amount they want to pay him in fights.

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
        Rodriguez frustrated with the amount they want to pay him in fights.
        With the level of opposition he has faced, his skill set, and the fact that he's Puerto Rican, they are doing a terrible job promoting his career.
        STREET CLEANER STREET CLEANER likes this.

Comment

Wasn’t Rodriguez retiring?

Comment

Didn't Emmanuel retire?

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
              Wasn’t Rodriguez retiring?
              Nah, he said it was all frustration because of boxing politics and him not getting the money he was promised

Comment

Originally posted by juanpablo View Post

Nah, he said it was all frustration because of boxing politics and him not getting the money he was promised
                Was gonna say, I seem to remember him announcing his retirement.
                juanpablo juanpablo likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                  Oh wow this wasn’t on my radar and Nishida is one of my prospects! Phenomenal boxer with no power.
                  Given Rodriguez deadline for the match was April I knew his purse bid was scheduled, but didn't know Kameda was his promoter. I just recently read a Japanese article that the Shigeoka brothers were planning to make first defense in March so they probably are going to make it together to sell as a triple world title fight.
                  _Rexy_ _Rexy_ likes this.

Comment

At least for Rodriguez, good for him that he is likely going to get $195k. He was apparently supposed to get $200k to face Astrolabio for the vacant belt but the organization changed opponents last minute and only got $75k and wasn't happy.

Comment

Working...
                    X