No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Evolving Jaime Munguia: Weekend Afterthoughts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Evolving Jaime Munguia: Weekend Afterthoughts

In boxing, contention is about position. Whether a fighter would be 'favored' to win one fight or another or not isn't relevant. Getting a chance to find out is the only way anyone knows for sure.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Munguia vs Mbilli or Munguia-Berlanga or Munguia vs Anyone is fight of the night. He's not getting Canelo this year, so hopefully GBP doesn't keep him on the shelf waiting.
    pnut901 pnut901 likes this.

Comment

Gotta give credit where its due. Mungia was actually able to set up shots behind the jab and was able to carry his power through the rounds. I dont think he can beat the bigger guys like Benavidez and morrell but he would be a nice fight for the mid level guys like plant,charlo,mbilli
      pnut901 pnut901 likes this.

Comment

Munguia is fun to watch, but very hittable. If he faces a guy with equal power, I think he's going to be in trouble. For now they've been matching him up really good. Guys that are either washed up or made to take hits themselves and what they can land on Munguia won't damage him just yet.

Comment

Even Cliff doesn't want to mention the guy who's been mandatory in the division since Jan 2021. 3+ years. Munguía v Morrell anyone? You want Morrell to face someone with a name who isn't Benavidez or Canelo, despite having an outstanding mandatory claim more than a year longer than Benavidez, and the fact that Canelo has never defended his WBA belt at 168.

I am quite sure that Munguía or Berlanga won't sign for that fight. Mbilli has already had opportunities to get that fight that he's turned down.

Comment

Originally posted by ELPacman View Post
            Munguia is fun to watch, but very hittable. If he faces a guy with equal power, I think he's going to be in trouble. For now they've been matching him up really good. Guys that are either washed up or made to take hits themselves and what they can land on Munguia won't damage him just yet.
            Almost back-fired with Derevyanchenko.
            ELPacman ELPacman likes this.

Comment

Working...
            X