Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: I Don't Know If [Hearn] Has The Talent In His Stable For Golden Boy-Matchroom Card

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: I Don't Know If [Hearn] Has The Talent In His Stable For Golden Boy-Matchroom Card

Oscar De La Hoya isn't nearly as interested in an all-Golden Boy versus Matchroom card as Eddie Hearn. The Golden Boy Promotions founder questioned Saturday night whether his rival's company has enough depth on its roster to put together that type of show, even if DAZN executives were willing to provide the funding to stream it. Hearn spoke optimistically about a Golden Boy-Matchroom event earlier during a press conference following a main event one of his boxers, John Ryder, lost to one of De La Hoya's fighters, Jaime Munguia, by ninth-round technical knockout at Footprint Center in Phoenix.
    [Click Here To Read More]

C’mon Oscar,you didn’t duck as a fighter.Don’t start ducking as a promoter.

Comment

I'm baffled who does Oscar have himself, Cryan is busy "fighting" on twitter rather than actually fighting.

Mungia has spent years avoiding real fights when he could've fought for a belt.

And lastly Vergil has been out for years most likely from adverse effects of juicing...

They're his premium names and they've all basically been floundering for years...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyRespectful View Post
        C’mon Oscar,you didn’t duck as a fighter.Don’t start ducking as a promoter.
        He’s been ducking as a promotor for years but he’s kind of right. Who does Hearn have that would make for interesting fights with any golden boy fighters?
        Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
          He’s been ducking as a promotor for years but he’s kind of right. Who does Hearn have that would make for interesting fights with any golden boy fighters?
          The same domestic talent his fighters have been facing, British like Ryder one of his fighters just fought one of them.

Comment

I like this idea. This gives both stables extra exposure… I’m in Britain and have no idea whose in Oscar’s camp beyond Garcia, Mungia and Vergil. Similarly, some of Matchroom’s fighter could have a breakout performance and introduce themselves to an American audience. Just gotta pray the promoters don’t **** us on this

Comment

You'd imagine De La Hoya said this genuinely because he won't have considered who Hearn has in his stable for even a millisecond. It just seems like what he's like generally.

Great fighter. Bit of a knob.

And when you're more of a knob than Eddie you've got issues.

I'd imagine Eddie is talking about his American fighters generally for an event in the US
              Last edited by Sparked_26; 01-29-2024, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by garfios View Post

The same domestic talent his fighters have been facing, British like Ryder one of his fighters just fought one of them.
                And that’s the point. HEarn can only combine to make mediocre fights at best.
                garfios garfios likes this.

Comment

I like this idea of promoters vs promoters
                  Gives another edge to the game and if the fighter themselves aren’t well known well then the promoters can make noise
                  Slow Eddie loves to hear himself talk and Oscar hate him or love him but he does get the attention
                  Fugh yeah , do it
                  Last edited by MulaKO; 01-29-2024, 04:56 PM.
                  pnut901 pnut901 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by 5*General View Post
                    I like this idea. This gives both stables extra exposure… I’m in Britain and have no idea whose in Oscar’s camp beyond Garcia, Mungia and Vergil. Similarly, some of Matchroom’s fighter could have a breakout performance and introduce themselves to an American audience. Just gotta pray the promoters don’t **** us on this
                    Brit too, I think he’s got some decent fighters. Apologies for the incoming wall of text …

Two very good lightweights in Zepeda and particularly Schofield who could really be top class in a few years. Two strong signings at 140 recently in Barboza and Ramirez. Zurdo who while I don’t rate that highly could well be the WBA champion at cruiser when he fights Goulamirian. Melikuziev at 168 who’s rebounded well after the shock Rosado loss. Fulgham another decent 168er. Mosley Jr who again not fantastic but is a solid middleweight. Collazo a 108 world champion. John Scrappy Ramirez who’s a mandatory at one of the lighter weights.

Comment

Working...
                    X