Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chris Algieri: "No One Beats A Prime Roy Jones Jr, Beterbiev Included"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Chris Algieri: "No One Beats A Prime Roy Jones Jr, Beterbiev Included"

Artur Beterbiev is making the sort of noise that has everyone noticing. The IBF, WBO, and WBC light heavyweight champ doesn't just win, he dominates. But, there's a difference between beating bottom-feeders and the opponents you're supposed to walk over and doing the same to elite-level competition. But whether they marched to the ring with poor records or held world titles, none of it mattered.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I could write a better article than this Hans Themistode guy simply by dipping my penis in ink and dragging it across the paper.

Comment

Lmao typical Hans. Shlt articles that are old

Comment

The Hans special - take a two sentence quote from a random Youtube video, dress it up in a page full of drivel and call it an 'article'. Every single time.

On topic, prime Roy Jones tends to be overrated. Very good fighter, obviously, but not this unbeatable "mythological creature" he's made out to be. He looked spectacular beating overmatched opposition as great fighters often do, but he always had a bad habit of laying on the ropes - that wasn't something he only started doing once he got old, as is commonly believed. Higher caliber opposition would have exposed his weaknesses much earlier.

Comment

Chris is on point with this one

Comment

I saw Roy in his prime when he fought Bryant Brannon. I was damned near ringside. On the undercard was Ike Quartey vs Oba Carr. I sat right near Quartey's drummers and Bryant Brannon's ppl from Newark NJ. They were talking about how Brannon did time, and how he had been shot and how he's so tough, like that was going to get him the victory. I asked if anyone wanted to make a friendly wager b4 the fight. When the fight started, I was standing up in my seat screaming at Brannon's ppl, "what u saying now?" Over and over. The usher had to come ask me to sit down. I lost my voice the next day. Roy had the fastest hands of anyone I ever saw, of any weight. I mean, I saw Pernell whitaker. I couldn't measure his speed because it ended in one round and i didnt have the greatest seats for that one. I saw Sugar Shane vs Antonio Diaz. Shane was dumb sharp and quick. But as far as putting multiple punches together with precision and accuracy, and creativity, I never seen nothing like Roy b4 or since. I mean, keep in mind he was at light heavy! For at least a solid 10 years straight, it was well established fact that no one was fu..king with Roy in any shape form or fashion.
            Last edited by archiemoore1; 01-25-2024, 04:20 AM.
            Oregonian Oregonian pnut901 pnut901 like this.

Comment

An interesting article that suggest RJJ was the best ever at 175. In truth, he deserves to be somewhere near the very top, but Ezzard Charles, Michael Spinks and Bob Foster aren't so easily pushed back in line

Comment

No shi* Chris, like we all didn’t know that lol.

I remember a Qawi vs Beterbiev poll and majority of people had Qawi winning. Beterbiev is a great fighter.. but elite ATG/HOF guys with punching power are way different to guys like the Anthony Yarde’s, Smiths and Gvozdyks of the world, in a very weak division.
                Devils Advocate Devils Advocate likes this.

Comment

Prime RJJ came from another planet.

Comment

Beterbiev would never have got to fight Jones is the ugly truth (other fighters have written about this). It would have been he's a Euro/Asian bum (he'd never make it to Canada) and there's no money in it, that's how it seemed to work in those days.
                    Probably the most isolated period in boxing history, if you're a casual outside the States you may not be aware he even exists which you wouldn't get in any other world sport,

Comment

Working...
                    X