Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayer on Loss To Jonas: I Want to Show Some Grace in The Hope That She Will Give That [Rematch] To Me

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mayer on Loss To Jonas: I Want to Show Some Grace in The Hope That She Will Give That [Rematch] To Me

Mikaela Mayer is hoping what she feels was her gracious post-fight conduct will compel Natasha Jonas to give her a rematch. Last Saturday night at M&S Bank Arena in Jonas's hometown of Liverpool, England, Jonas retained her IBF 147-pound title with a close split-decision win over Los Angeles's Mayer.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I fell in love with boxing knowing that a fighter could overcome great troubles no matter where they’re from in life, they’re talent could help them fight they’re way to a brighter future. Fight to feed families put a roof over their heads etc.

Nothing disheartens me more than seeing fighters win a fight but be told they’re a loser. The only sport in the world a winner isn’t always rewarded as the winner. Take a moment to consider that, it’s absurd. I understand about objective judging etc, but at the end of the day, a judge should be educated enough to understand what they’re seeing regardless of preference. Scoring criteria should be pretty simple to follow.

it’s a sad shame that this great sport is consistently marred with questionable results.

imagine watching the super bowl, champions league final or World Cup final, watch one team score 3 goals to nothing yet be told they lost. It’s preposterous.

Comment

That was an absolutely disgusting decision.i wouldn't even be thinking about a rematch unless it was in the states. Aint no way jonas would do a rematch. Mikaela should target the other champs or move up to 154 and try and get a big fight with shields

Comment

In life, and especially in boxing, nice guys/girls generally finish last.

Comment

The rematch is not happening. You're too big and strong for Jonas. Still credit for Jonas for taking this fight.

Comment

Jonas was the only one with a rematch clause , I wonder why

Comment

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post
              Business as usual for a British champion. AJ and Fury both do that also. It's like a whole nation of Tank Davis.
              The D3vil The D3vil likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by crimsonfalcon07 View Post

Business as usual for a British champion. AJ and Fury both do that also. It's like a whole nation of Tank Davis.
                Pure bullchit if you ask me
                Just says a lot

Comment

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post
                  Crappy management on Mayers part.

Comment

Originally posted by pnut901 View Post

Crappy management on Mayers part.
                    Nah , usually that’s the opponent who decides that
                    Mayer even mentioned it after the fight
                    AJ’s team pulled that chit off often