Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Moses Itauma Details Words of Advice From Mike Tyson, Eyes Dacres vs. Adeleye Winner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Moses Itauma Details Words of Advice From Mike Tyson, Eyes Dacres vs. Adeleye Winner

By his own admission, Moses Itauma doesn't have any idols or people who he looks up to as inspiration. But even he couldn't help but feel a little starstruck when he was first introduced to Mike Tyson.
    [Click Here To Read More]

This thing about beating Mike Tyson's record, was just hype to get his name out there. He's 19 and hasn't fought a top twenty contender yet. If he was all that he'd have been fast tracked to fight an ex-Brit contender such as Joyce, Whyte or Chisora.

Comment

I don't understand....he hasn't fought for British belts yet and he is about to turn 20. He has seven fights and hasn't fought anyone. No knows who he is. It isn't possible for him to fight for the WBC belt before Mike did.
      Last edited by Theshotyoudontsee; 01-24-2024, 01:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Theshotyoudontsee View Post
        I don't understand....he hasn't fought for British belts yet and he is about to turn 20. He has seven fights and hasn't fought anyone. No knows who he is. It isn't possible for him to fight for the WBC belt before Mike did.
        The minimum age to fight for the British Championship (Lonsdale belt) is 21 which is proberly why there looking at English Champion Soloman Dacres. Another option could be Southern Area titlist Johnny Fisher which could actually work well on the Matchroom/Queensbury card.

Comment

Itauma can't break the record due to the current champions, I think he could have beaten Charles Martin for the belt but there's no Charles Martin about right now.

Regardless Itauma should be having learning fights, here's a fun fact, Zhang is literally MORE than TWICE the age of Itauma lmfaooo

And even the "young studs" of the division like Hrgovic are well over a decade older than Itauma.

He has PLENTY of time and there no need to rush him like Frank rushed Dubois into fights with guys who had 15 years of experience on him. Frank very nearly ruined Dubois in his early 20s by doing that.

Slow down and learn your game.
          Last edited by Atypicalbrit; 01-25-2024, 01:25 AM.
          Mick Higgs Mick Higgs likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Theshotyoudontsee View Post
            There is no way that I can see him doing it. They are moving him like hes on a normal trajectory for a young guy not like they want him to win a belt younger than Mike Tyson did.

Plan sounded silly from the jump & like it was more risk than you'd wanna take for a promising young cat. Hell Tyson probably doesn't do what he did & moved like he was if Cus wasn't old & dying.

Comment

Working...
            X