Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tenshin Nasukawa Stops Injured Luis Robles After Three Rounds On Teraji-Canizales Undercard

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Tenshin Nasukawa Stops Injured Luis Robles After Three Rounds On Teraji-Canizales Undercard

Tenshin Nasukawa picked up his first stoppage as a pro boxer. It came in anticlimactic fashion, as a right ankle injury left Luis Robles unable to continue after three rounds. Nasukawa looked sharp in his third pro fight but was informed that the fight was stopped between rounds in their ESPN+ co-feature Tuesday at EDION Arena in Osaka.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 01-23-2024, 11:19 AM.

That's a shame. Robles might have been getting done up, but it was expected to be the first actual test for Nasukawa.

Still, to quote Floyd: "At The End Of The Day, whose hand was raised?"

Comment

Part of me says congratulation for first KO, part of me is saying that was totally lame. Not to the fault of Tenshin, but still...

Comment

Originally posted by Elheath View Post
        Part of me says congratulation for first KO, part of me is saying that was totally lame. Not to the fault of Tenshin, but still...
        Lol. He definitely needed a KO on his record, but this was a really sh^tty way to get it.
        Leicesterage Combat Talk Radio likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          Lol. He definitely needed a KO on his record, but this was a really sh^tty way to get it.
          Yeah, exactly. And now I have no clue what level of an opponent Teiken will bring for him in his next fight because this gave him a KO win but didn't really add productive experience and such for his career.

Comment

He's only 25. I think they'll fast track him somewhat, but they seem to be doing a good job bringing him up. Robles was pretty outclassed anyways. Terrible way to get the first stoppage. He looked very disappointed.

Comment

aint this guy a kickboxer?

Comment

Originally posted by IceTrayDaGang View Post
                aint this guy a kickboxer?
                Undefeated, yes. He turned pro boxer a while ago. This was his third fight. He's skilled.

Floyd outsizing him got people F'd up about him. He's no slouch as a fighter - but he does have some defensive flaws to work on (which I was hoping Robles would help expose).
                IceTrayDaGang IceTrayDaGang likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by crimsonfalcon07 View Post
                  He's only 25. I think they'll fast track him somewhat, but they seem to be doing a good job bringing him up. Robles was pretty outclassed anyways. Terrible way to get the first stoppage. He looked very disappointed.
                  They are fast tracking him, I mean who fights the guys hes been fighting in their first few fights, but for me you still need to be performing & him going the distance with all these guys ain't it.

And I'm a Tenshin fan, just I'm not a Tenshin fanboy.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

They are fast tracking him, I mean who fights the guys hes been fighting in their first few fights, but for me you still need to be performing & him going the distance with all these guys ain't it.

And I'm a Tenshin fan, just I'm not a Tenshin fanboy.
                    Part of him going the distance is likely strategic. Rounds of experience is extremely valuable. You can't just be blowing guys out left and right and develop as a fighter, you need rounds. Especially him.

Remember, that's why Bum****a ended up the way he did, focusing too much on knockouts early and not on developing as an all-around fighter first.

Comment

Working...
                    X