Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Daily Bread Mailbag: Beterbiev-Bivol, Crawford, Andre Ward, Jones, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Daily Bread Mailbag: Beterbiev-Bivol, Crawford, Andre Ward, Jones, More

The Daily Bread Mailbag returns with Stephen "Breadman" Edwards tackling topics such as fighters watching tapes of opponents, welterweight champion Terence Crawford, Artur Beterbiev's victory over Callum Smith, Beterbiev vs. Dmitry Bivol, Andre Ward, Roy Jones Jr, and more.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I always hear fighters say they don’t watch tape in their opponents. Thought it was stupid or just boasting about how great they are I guess. Till I saw Mayweather fight Chino and he got hit clean with an overhand right. I saw that punch coming years in advance but Mayweather didn’t.

Comment

Jake The Tape.

Comment

Great material
        again
        Thank you

Comment

Breadman does it again! Fantastic read!

Comment

Slim Robinson was mentioned in today’s Mailbag. He trained Tim Witherspoon, who is still around and has some good information about working out of different “shell”defenses and combining them. I wish more fighters would reach out to Tim and train with him, he has lots of old school knowledge that should be passed on. Some of it might even be considered cutting edge and could give a boxer an advantage in the current boxing world.

Comment

gay to hear grown men call anyone "his excellency" and the culture of idiots that can't speak clear English that act muslim and talk goofy is one of my favorite entertainments in life

Comment

Nice to see a mailbox without the prolonged witterings of assholo. A man who doesn't understand the meaning of the word brevity, among other things. A man with a fork in a world of soup.

Comment

Originally posted by Poopdick View Post
                  gay to hear grown men call anyone "his excellency" and the culture of idiots that can't speak clear English that act muslim and talk goofy is one of my favorite entertainments in life
                  A man named "Poopdick" calling people "goofy" & "idiots" is rich

Comment

Originally posted by MONGOOSE66 View Post
                    I always hear fighters say they don’t watch tape in their opponents. Thought it was stupid or just boasting about how great they are I guess. Till I saw Mayweather fight Chino and he got hit clean with an overhand right. I saw that punch coming years in advance but Mayweather didn’t.
                    ———-
                    That overhand right still reverberates in my memory and will continue to do so for many eons. Do you know why? Because after Floyd moved up to 147 in 2006 when he was 37-0, WE can literally count the number of times Floyd’s been hit flush on the face.

There’s the singular right hook from Zab, a right punch from Marquez that Floyd acknowledged by laughing, the two monstrous punches from Mosley that buckled Floyd and shook ALL boxing fans alike and that overhand right you mention.

My takeaway is I believe these boxers say that just for “street cred”. We are merely boxing fans and we have an idea of how different styles matchup so there is absolutely no way a boxer and his team of experienced professionals do not see that. Floyd’s team EXACTLY what to expect when they signed on Maidana. We saw that blueprint when Maidana manhandled Broner. Maidana was never going to outbox Floyd so when Floyd says he never watches tapes of his opponents, it is all horse shǐt.

As for that overhand right, it was bound to happen but think about how many times Floyd’s been hit flush in his whole career.

Comment

Working...
                    X