Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bradley: Ryan Garcia Can Only Beat Romero, Can't Beat Haney, Matias, Teofimo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Bradley: Ryan Garcia Can Only Beat Romero, Can't Beat Haney, Matias, Teofimo

Before he became an incredibly popular fighter, Ryan Garcia made a promise to himself. Win a world title. Well, Garcia is entering year eight of his pro career and he hasn't come close to achieving his goal. In fact, the 26-year-old has failed to even fight for one.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Garcia has some good tools but I think he's regressed due to inactivity and maybe because he's too focused on social media. Garcia's win over Luke Campbell was good but to me, he still looks like half a prospect and should be fighting way more regularly.
    ​​​​

Comment

No one can genuinely disagree with this stance….right?
      TheOneAboveAll TheOneAboveAll likes this.

Comment

Spot on Tim! While Garcia possesses both the punching power and boxing skills to be successful and yet he lacks the necessary balls to be considered an elite fighter.

Comment

Say what you will about the Storm but he ain’t wrong about this

Comment

I agree with Bradley and Romero is the path with the least resistance. It is up to Garcia to make sure he can compete. The last fight with that silly shoulder roll made him look so awkward and very hittable. He does have natural abilities and some skills but he has to be more complete and develop other skills to be able to adjust better.

Comment

Floyd’s been telling Ryan the exact same - who do you think Ryan is listening too? It ain’t Golden Boy!
              Leicesterage Combat Talk Radio likes this.

Comment

Look at how AJ looked in his last fight. Activity is a marvellous thing.

Garcia appears to be a bit of a lazy kid, I doubt he grinds super hard when he doesn’t have a fight coming up. So with a guy like him, who still needs to develop, if he’s fighting once a year that means for about 9 months of the year it’s wasted development time.

Give Garcia 3 fights in the next 9 months, and he could be very competitive against Haney and/or Teofimo. Those are good style matchups. Haney in particular doesn’t hit super hard and isn’t a rugged physical guy, so Garcia could give him a lot of problems with his speed and win enough rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
                  No one can genuinely disagree with this stance….right?
                  I wouldn't say it as confidently as Tim. Boxing is a sport where plenty of crazy sh^t happens, but of the 4 names mentioned I'd only favor Ryan to beat Rollie & I think Rollie has more upset potential than I usually see ppl giving him.

That said on this forum not everyone agrees water is wet so I'm sure there is someone who gots Ryan going 4-0 vs those guys.

Comment

Barroso is more deserving of that title given away by that corrupt WBA than Romero.

Comment

Working...
                    X