Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Malignaggi: "If Beterbiev Beats Bivol, You Gotta Start Considering Him As Number One Pound For Pound"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Malignaggi: "If Beterbiev Beats Bivol, You Gotta Start Considering Him As Number One Pound For Pound"

The topic surrounding who's the best fighter in the world is subjective but it all depends on what you enjoy most. For some, Oleksandr Usyk deserves a bit of praise as the best pound-for-pound fighter around. He cleaned out the cruiserweight division and is just one win away from doing the same in the land of the heavies. Naoya Inoue is another fighter who deserves his props.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I think it's wild that Beterbiev is Ring #2 when he's beaten the current Ring #3, #4 and #7 guys, and Bivol is #1 and has beaten....Canelo.

Comment

he's less active than Crawford, I'd put him at 2 or 3
      El_Mero El_Mero likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
        I think it's wild that Beterbiev is Ring #2 when he's beaten the current Ring #3, #4 and #7 guys, and Bivol is #1 and has beaten....Canelo.
        Paulie is funny and I ended watching him get beat up

Rexy bro you call it like you see it

MulaKO MulaKO likes this.

Comment

Considering he'd be undisputed in 1 division, which is a great accomplishment,he's not above inoue or crawf who are leading the pack by a wide margin
          messi807 messi807 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by El_Mero View Post
            Considering he'd be undisputed in 1 division, which is a great accomplishment,he's not above inoue or crawf who are leading the pack by a wide margin
            I already consider Beterbiev p4p, but if he becomes undisputed by knocking out every top tier LHW of this era, I think he has a case.

If Inoue didn't bypass the 115lb quartet and Crawford beat a few more top guys at '40 and '47, I wouldn't argue with you.
            BaguMka BaguMka MulaKO MulaKO like this.

Comment

It's all subjective and credible arguments can be made for a few different fighters. My problem is that P4P is supposed to be about who would win if all fighters were equal in size. Who you beat , career trajectory , etc , are not historically the criteria for P4P. That said , to each their own . I currently have Crawford and Inoue tied for number one. If they were the same size that fight would be incredible.
              MulaKO MulaKO Joe shmo Joe shmo like this.

Comment

That's a really good point.
                MulaKO MulaKO likes this.

Comment

The beauty of the situation: they are clearly #1 and #2. Similar to the Fury/Usyk situation, it doesn't really matter who is currently 1 or 2, because Beterbiev/Bivol is probably happening next.

Comment

Winner of that scrap is top 5 p4p. I don’t think either of them eclipses Crawford or the Monster.
                    Scooby817 Scooby817 likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X