Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Can Kenshiro Complete the Puzzle at Junior Flyweight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Can Kenshiro Complete the Puzzle at Junior Flyweight?

By Cliff Rold - 2023 had to be disappointing for lineal and unified WBA/WBC junior flyweight champion Kenshiro Teraji (22-1, 14 KO). He will find out if fortune shines more favor in 2024, starting on Tuesday (ESPN+, 4 AM EST). Anything in contrast to 2022 would have been a tough act to follow. Kenshiro avenged his lone career loss with a third round knockout of Masamichi Yabuki to regain the WBC crown. He followed it with a blazing domination of WBA titlist Hiroto Kyoguchi, stopping his national rival in seven.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Teraji is far and away the best. He only needs the opportunity to win the other belts.
    Hitmon Hitmon likes this.

Comment

Hes prob the most underrated fighter now.
      should be somewhere on everyone’s p4p #7-10

Comment

i will be up for this card just like all the others it is worth the set up............
        landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

Last year's Gonzalez match getting can'xed really hurt, as if that happened then he would be sitting on three belts and just waiting on the rematch winner of Curiel-Nontshinga. Assuming he wins the next match I really hope he can set one up with one of the other two belt holders.

Comment

Love the lighter divisions. Just usually an explosion of leather and skill. I will be up and watching.

Comment

I really like Kenshiro & the Japanese time zone means we here in the UK can watch him over a lunchtime pint. Sadly if these little guys want unification they may have to look at Saudi Arabia!

Comment

Originally posted by landotter View Post
                Love the lighter divisions. Just usually an explosion of leather and skill. I will be up and watching.
                The two month span between 12/26 and 2/24 is a great time for those following Japanese boxing. In a two month span you had title fights from Inoue (both), Ioka, Teraji, Nakatani, Tanaka, Akui scheduled with Reiya Abe vs Venado in March and Nishida vs Emmanuel Rodriguez sometime in March to April.

And that is just title matches alone.
                landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

Working...
                X