Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fights of the Century: Beterbiev, Bivol Fare Well Against Best of the 2000s

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Fights of the Century: Beterbiev, Bivol Fare Well Against Best of the 2000s

It's good to be a light heavyweight champion these days. OK, let's face it. It's probably never a bad time to rule the 175-pound weight class. But it seems to mean a little more here in the first month of 2024, where the two lead dogs in the division share simultaneous billing as two of the world's best pound-for-pound operators, too.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I believe Beterbiev in his prime would KO Ward in his prime. Beterviev is on another level compared to Kolavev, he is extremely powerful and a very crafted boxer. As for Ward vs Bivol, it’s harder to predict as both are great boxers but not punchers.

Comment

Usa bias.Beterbiev beats all.By ko
      blackbakers blackbakers likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by aniss_dje View Post
        I believe Beterbiev in his prime would KO Ward in his prime. Beterviev is on another level compared to Kolavev, he is extremely powerful and a very crafted boxer. As for Ward vs Bivol, it’s harder to predict as both are great boxers but not punchers.
        That's where Wards propensity for being dirty would come into play and most likely be the deciding factor, it's arguable in both fights against Kovalev it was said deciding factor...

Comment

Can't believe you guys actually thought Smith would beat Beterbiev.

Comment

If Ward did his usual outside the rules crap,Beterbiev would literally kill him

Comment

Originally posted by Boro View Post

That's where Wards propensity for being dirty would come into play and most likely be the deciding factor, it's arguable in both fights against Kovalev it was said deciding factor...
              Ward is a grimy inside fighter but the Kovalev stuff is getting out of hand. He was curled in the fetal position. It's not Ward's job to let him off the hook. It's the same as guys on here crying about Beterbiev and his rabbit punches when guys bent over.

Comment

R.J.J - fair enough.

But ............ Is Andre Ward the most over-rated 175 champion ever? I don't think he is out-wrestling Beterbiev - he might have been able to out-box Bivol but I wouldn't put any money on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lyle Fitzsimmons
                  The “S.O.G.” didn’t spend a lot of time at 175 outside of a few tune-ups and the two defeats of Kovalev. But it’s hard to suggest anyone beats a guy who never lost a pro fight.
                  Wow, impeccable logic and insight there. Neither Beterbiev nor Bivol have ever lost a pro fight either, maybe they should both retire now and reign undefeated in fantasy fights forever.

Ward is overrated. Kovalev outboxed him in both fights (and won the first quite clearly). Both Beterbiev and Bivol would have beaten him.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post
                    R.J.J - fair enough.

But ............ Is Andre Ward the most over-rated 175 champion ever? I don't think he is out-wrestling Beterbiev - he might have been able to out-box Bivol but I wouldn't put any money on it.
                    Absolutely the most overrated boxer of all time! A robbery and then a corrupt referee.And then let me retire and duck these Russians!
                    BaguMka BaguMka likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X