Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mairis Briedis, Zurdo Ramirez To Fight For Separate Cruiserweight Titles; IBF Purse Bid Canceled

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mairis Briedis, Zurdo Ramirez To Fight For Separate Cruiserweight Titles; IBF Purse Bid Canceled

Mairis Briedis and Gilberto 'Zurdo' Ramirez are both on course to challenge for a cruiserweight title. Just no longer versus each other. BoxingScene.com has confirmed that the IBF has canceled a purse bid hearing previously scheduled for Tuesday to have
    [Click Here To Read More]

Yeah, instead of having one with more belts, let's get into a situation in which two or even more can claim "I am the division's world champion".

Comment

Used to have more respect for the ibf than the others, specifically the wbc and wba, but at this point, ive figured out that they're just dumb af. Briedis wasn't ready to fight Opetaia in December but instead of allowing Opetaia a voluntary, they strip him. Zurdo already made it clear he was going in another direction and the other guy is #1 in the wbc rankings so won't fight Breidis either. So now Opetaia is going to be named as the next contender to fight Breidis, who he already beat, for the belt they stripped Opetaia of. FOH.

Comment

Zurdo loses to all the top cruisers
        Mick Higgs Mick Higgs likes this.

Comment

Just shows how idiotic it was to strip Opetaia.

Comment

Ramirez getting cruiserweight title shot based on defeating Smith Jr. is crazy

Comment

Opetai should've told IBF to shove it, but Briedis is cashing out anyway so I guess doesn't matter.
              IBF's rule of not allowing its champion back-to-back voluntary defenses is ridiculous. If a fighter meets his mandatory obligation within the year timeframe, who the hell is this organization to tell him how often he can stay active, collect paydays, give the fans the fights they want, etc.

They stripped Opetai after several no-fault-of-his-own mandatory title-defenses failed to materialized, yet Spence could relax for years and avoid Ennis.

We all know how close IBF president Daryl Peoples and Haymon are. Haymon couldn't screw Crawford with financial transparency, so after Crawford kicked his fighter's a**, the IBF stripped Crawford twenty minutes after they sent him the belt. Guess it's better to have Ennis, a promotional free agent yet Haymon-affiliate have it than an outsider like Crawford.

Haymon needs this deal with Prime to work if he's going to keep Peoples in his pocket.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeyG View Post
                Ramirez getting cruiserweight title shot based on defeating Smith Jr. is crazy
                Reading that article illustrates how crazy boxing's belt situation is.
                pnut901 pnut901 likes this.

Comment

I'd love it if Opetaia won and told the IBF to keep their belt. Hell , I wish that every fighter would do that. The Ring Belt works for me.

Comment

After Artur gets rid of Bivol I’d love to see him challenge Opetaia.Jai is the only one that maybe could beat Artur

Comment

Working...
                    X