Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Callum Smith: To Accept That I'm Not The Best is a Hard One To Take

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Callum Smith: To Accept That I'm Not The Best is a Hard One To Take

Callum Smith will take some time to consider his future after having his hopes of becoming a two-weight world champion ruthlessly ended by WBC, IBF and WBO light heavyweight champion, Artur Beterbiev.
    [Click Here To Read More]

To be fair, Callum has been gracious in defeat, no shame in losing to a monster like Beterbiev who in my view is the best LHW in history.
    the only part was when he said Beterbiev was like his brother Liam "Touching touching" lol
    mlac mlac likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Robertthebruce View Post
      To be fair, Callum has been gracious in defeat, no shame in losing to a monster like Beterbiev who in my view is the best LHW in history.
      the only part was when he said Beterbiev was like his brother Liam "Touching touching" lol
      He must have forgotten that his face looks like burger. Smith is very tough mf he was ready to go on however Artur could have seriously hurt him had the fight continued

Comment

Originally posted by Robertthebruce View Post
        Yeah, that opinion is really insane. Best LHW in history because he beat guys like Callum Smith, Joe Smith & Anthone Yarde?

Ever heard of Ezzard Charles, Archie Moore, Sam Langford, Gene Tunney, Michael Spinks?

Heck, you can go and look up Muhammad Qawi vs Beterbiev fantasy match ups on forums and polls are widely in favour for Qawi & I don’t even consider Qawi a top 10 LHW ATG.

Greatest LHW in history is just damn right laughable to any real boxing head.
        pnut901 pnut901 dan_cov dan_cov like this.

Comment

What is his idea of ''being the best'' ?

Comment

Originally posted by BodyBagz View Post
            What is his idea of ''being the best'' ?
            A joke, clearly...

Comment

Originally posted by tkoboxingscene View Post

A joke, clearly...
              Brain damage

Comment

There's still plenty of smoke at LHW, Callum. You don't have to go out like this.

Gvozdyk did that and has regretted it since.

Comment

Smith fought a much better fight vs Beterbiev than he did vs Alvarez.

I could see that Smith, done pretty much all that he could have 'On fight night'.

I thought Smith boxing was good, and? I liked the punches he was throwing.

But quite simply? Smith's power was not really causing much damage.

Smith does seem to have good power, but in terms of brute strength 'I don't think he is World level in this department'.

If Smith's brute strength was better, he could of pushed Beterbiev away or wrestled him on the inside 'Then attempted to score a few points with his jab'.

Those tactics may have helped Smith survive, the distance 'But he most likely still would been beaten up'.

Note: Overall Smith in this fight vs Beterbiev, for me fought his best fight 'On the night'. I have always though that he under performed vs Alvarez 'Which was due to being offered the fight at short notice in my opinion' etc.

Comment

Getting a gift over C level John Ryder should’ve been a major clue for you Callum.

Comment

Working...
                    X