Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya Calls 'Bull****' on Dana White's Take That MMA Fighters Are Not Making More Money in Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: De La Hoya Calls 'Bull****' on Dana White's Take That MMA Fighters Are Not Making More Money in Boxing

Golden Boy Promotions CEO, Oscar De La Hoya, is shooting down the claim by UFC CEO Dana White, who disputes the notion that MMA fighters are crossing over to boxing to make more money.
    [Click Here To Read More]

There is really more money in boxing obviously. Many of UFC MMA main event fighters do not even get 1M, some 300k, some less. In some cases, some boxers would earn more in one fight than a successful UFC fighter in his entire career. To me that's sad knowing that the UFC is a billion dollar company.

Comment

Originally posted by jonah777 View Post
      There is really more money in boxing obviously. Many of UFC MMA main event fighters do not even get 1M, some 300k, some less. In some cases, some boxers would earn more in one fight than a successful UFC fighter in his entire career. To me that's sad knowing that the UFC is a billion dollar company.
      UFC paydays are realistic, which is why you get top tier fights. At least for the men. 7-figures plus for guys every time out and constantly on PPV isn’t sustainable. Which is why HBO and Showtime pulled out.

Women in UFC are grossly underpaid. But they’re grossly underpaid in boxing too.
      dannnnn dannnnn likes this.

Comment

Dana white sure knows how to bullshìt.

Comment

Dana being bitter as usual.

Comment

I'm sure its dependant on the fighter. Like idk if everyone is making more or even most guys. There are more ufc journeymen type guys boxing right now then most boxing fans realize. They are on club shows fighting randoms like a up & coming boxer would be doing. So they for sure aren't making as much as they made in the ufc where the minimum is like 12k to show, 12k if you win I believe & many of these journeymen types were usually making 40k/40k or better in the ufc for a 15min fight. I doubt 90%+ of 8rd or less guys are making $12k-$24k let alone $40k-$80k per fight.

That said obviously the name guys in big fights are fooking killing it in boxing. I bet most of these guys are making 50% or more of their ufc pay on the sponsors they work with let alone what they are making in the actual fight.
            HeyDeebo! A.B Counterhooks likes this.

Comment

MMA guys are underpaid but then guys like Fury and AJ getting tens of millions for fighting bums isnt the ideal either. There has to be a healthy middle ground somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Talk Radio View Post

UFC paydays are realistic, which is why you get top tier fights. At least for the men. 7-figures plus for guys every time out and constantly on PPV isn’t sustainable. Which is why HBO and Showtime pulled out.

Women in UFC are grossly underpaid. But they’re grossly underpaid in boxing too.
                If by realistic you mean screwed out of the lion's share then sure. Bob Arum said it best when he said the ones throwing the punches should be making the most money.

HBO and Showtime pulling out had less to do with what they payed fighters, and more so to do with their failed business model. That's not the boxer's fault. The business side of things fall on the promoter and network. Boxers should get plenty for risking their lives and brain damage for our entertainment.

​​​​​​You seem pretty knowledgeable, my guy, but I question some of these choices. Like defending the UFC on a boxing website.

Comment

Francis even said it about his fight with Fury, that he made more in that fight than damn near his whole career in mma, specifically ufc
                  factsarenice factsarenice likes this.

Comment

The best fighters go to the high bidder. This has long been known.

Comment

Working...
                    X