Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Artur Beterbiev on Callum Smith: They Prepared Very Well; Gave Me a Good Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Artur Beterbiev on Callum Smith: They Prepared Very Well; Gave Me a Good Fight

Artur Beterbiev made sure to give Callum Smith some semblance of consolation after he punished the latter for seven rounds. Beterbiev successfully defended his WBO, WBC, and IBF 175-pound titles last Saturday night against England's Smith at Centre Videotron in Quebec City, Canada, dropping Smith twice en route to forcing a stoppage in the seventh round of their scheduled 12-round bout.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Humble dude Beterbiev. Well, Bivol seems the only man capable with enough skills to try to stop Arthur's KO streak...on paper at least.

2024 will be the year to consolidate absolute supremacy at 168 and 175

Canelo v Benavidez &
    Bivol v Beterbiev

Nice.

Comment

I don’t get why artur always taking low key shots at bivol lol

Comment

pretty funny people adding narratives. especially when bivol and beterbiev has 0 personality between them. I'm sure they don't sit around in meetings and say "anyone but beterbiev" "anyone but Bivol"

I think Bivol could beat Beterbiev but I also thought smith had a shot and I was really mistaken. I thought smith would be too big and make it interesting.
        landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

Good win but ring rust showed itself fairly well
          Not sure this is a good thing for Artur , can’t be away for a year and it showed last night imo

Comment

Canelo and his fans have every excuse in the book why he can fight kovalev and Bivol but not Beterbiev. I think it's ****ing hilarious the double standards.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Scene View Post
              Canelo and his fans have every excuse in the book why he can fight kovalev and Bivol but not Beterbiev. I think it's ****ing hilarious the double standards.
              It is funny how canelo team miscalculated bivols fight..

Comment

"Boxing fans can apparently forget about seeing an undisputed light heavyweight title fight between Dmitry Bivol and Artur Beterbiev anytime soon—or so long as Russia’s onslaught against Ukraine persists.

Bob Arum, the founder of Top Rank Inc., which promotes IBF, WBO, WBC 175-pound champion Beterbiev, said in a recent interview that he would not attempt to make a fight involving his charge and WBA titlist Dmitry Bivol. Arum cited the ongoing conflict in Ukraine as his primary reason.

I 100% support Ukraine and its fight against aggression. So I am not going to push a Bivol-Beterbiev fight.

Yeah, I love the fight, I just, I’m not gonna do it against a principle that a lot of us hold dear. ​​​​​​"

June 8,2023

"Beterbiev’s promoter, Bob Arum, indicated after the fight that backers in Saudi Arabia are interested in staging that fight, in the capital of Riyadh, possibly in the summer."

Jan 14. 2023.

So.... Either the war is over, or the Saudi government has a principle you hold dearer. Not that I am worried, as I was in favor of Beterbiev dropping Arum and pitching the WBC belt in the garbage Riddick Bowe style if it meant I could see him fight Bivol. Just a simple observation on how a oil truck full of cash can change people's outlook.
                HeyDeebo! A.B Counterhooks likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by landotter View Post
                  "Boxing fans can apparently forget about seeing an undisputed light heavyweight title fight between Dmitry Bivol and Artur Beterbiev anytime soon—or so long as Russia’s onslaught against Ukraine persists.

Bob Arum, the founder of Top Rank Inc., which promotes IBF, WBO, WBC 175-pound champion Beterbiev, said in a recent interview that he would not attempt to make a fight involving his charge and WBA titlist Dmitry Bivol. Arum cited the ongoing conflict in Ukraine as his primary reason.

I 100% support Ukraine and its fight against aggression. So I am not going to push a Bivol-Beterbiev fight.

Yeah, I love the fight, I just, I’m not gonna do it against a principle that a lot of us hold dear. ​​​​​​"

June 8,2023

"Beterbiev’s promoter, Bob Arum, indicated after the fight that backers in Saudi Arabia are interested in staging that fight, in the capital of Riyadh, possibly in the summer."

Jan 14. 2023.

So.... Either the war is over, or the Saudi government has a principle you hold dearer. Not that I am worried, as I was in favor of Beterbiev dropping Arum and pitching the WBC belt in the garbage Riddick Bowe style if it meant I could see him fight Bivol. Just a simple observation on how a oil truck full of cash can change people's outlook.
                  When big money talks....you know the rest.

Saudis will make it happen.
                  landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

Working...
                  X