Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kazuto Ioka-John 'Scrappy' Ramirez Mandatory Title Fight Ordered By WBA

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Kazuto Ioka-John 'Scrappy' Ramirez Mandatory Title Fight Ordered By WBA

The WBA appears to be back in the mandatory business. BoxingScene.com has confirmed that reigning junior bantamweight titlist Kazuto Ioka was ordered to next defend his title versus number-one ranked contender John 'Scrappy' Ramirez. The two sides were instructed on Friday to enter negotiations to reach terms within the next 30 days to avoid a purse bid hearing.
    [Click Here To Read More]

nice, i wanna see another scrappy sumo stomp lol
    Hitmon Hitmon likes this.

Comment

Haven’t seen scrappy scrap yet, however I hope he beats Ioka so he can then fight the true champ of the weight class in Gallo, since ioka’s b.itch ass won’t.

Comment

Waste of time for ioka

Comment

Originally posted by Robi13 View Post
          Haven’t seen scrappy scrap yet, however I hope he beats Ioka so he can then fight the true champ of the weight class in Gallo, since ioka’s b.itch ass won’t.
          How many offers has Estrada made to Ioka? Heck, has he ever seriously called Ioka out? The closest he's ever come AFAIK is saying he'd be ok with a fight with the winner of Franco v Estrada.

Franco tried hard to get a fight with Estrada, for instance. He's been called out by Bam Rodriguez as well. Junto Nakatani and Jerwin Ancajas. He's basically NEVER fought a real unification.

Sooner or later people are going to have to look past a few wins against Cuadras, SSR, and Choc, and realize he's been ducking unifications for years.

Comment

Originally posted by crimsonfalcon07 View Post

How many offers has Estrada made to Ioka? Heck, has he ever seriously called Ioka out? The closest he's ever come AFAIK is saying he'd be ok with a fight with the winner of Franco v Estrada.

Franco tried hard to get a fight with Estrada, for instance. He's been called out by Bam Rodriguez as well. Junto Nakatani and Jerwin Ancajas. He's basically NEVER fought a real unification.

Sooner or later people are going to have to look past a few wins against Cuadras, SSR, and Choc, and realize he's been ducking unifications for years.
            Since the fight won’t ioka would have been in Japan, it’s the Japanese and team ioka who would have to make the offer to make the gallo vs ioka fight happen. They did offer, but it was a lowball offer. So gallo said no. They settled for the lesser opponent which ioka stopped in the 7 or 8 round I forget.. anywho, if they were serious then offer the man serious money and I’m sure gallo would have no problem whoopin iokas ass

Comment

Originally posted by Robi13 View Post

Since the fight won’t ioka would have been in Japan, it’s the Japanese and team ioka who would have to make the offer to make the gallo vs ioka fight happen. They did offer, but it was a lowball offer. So gallo said no. They settled for the lesser opponent which ioka stopped in the 7 or 8 round I forget.. anywho, if they were serious then offer the man serious money and I’m sure gallo would have no problem whoopin iokas ass
              The fight doesn't have to happen in Japan. If Estrada is some big star worth lots of money, why can't the fight be held elsewhere? Hearn won't put a fight on somewhere else and pay for his big diva to fight? If the money is coming from Ioka and Japan, then Estrada is worth what he gets offered. Period.

And I'm going to ask again.

How many times has Estrada offered to fight Ioka?

How many times has Estrada fought a unification?

His first fight v Cuadras was for a mandatory shot, and the second was a defense.

His title reigns were from his win against Viloria, with zero unifications, a win vs SSR, with zero unifications, and then his controversial "win" vs Choc in the second fight. He then looked very bad against a mandatory and then fought Choc again.

The only real unification was for a fight that IMO he lost.

Comment

Originally posted by crimsonfalcon07 View Post

The fight doesn't have to happen in Japan. If Estrada is some big star worth lots of money, why can't the fight be held elsewhere? Hearn won't put a fight on somewhere else and pay for his big diva to fight? If the money is coming from Ioka and Japan, then Estrada is worth what he gets offered. Period.

And I'm going to ask again.

How many times has Estrada offered to fight Ioka?

How many times has Estrada fought a unification?

His first fight v Cuadras was for a mandatory shot, and the second was a defense.

His title reigns were from his win against Viloria, with zero unifications, a win vs SSR, with zero unifications, and then his controversial "win" vs Choc in the second fight. He then looked very bad against a mandatory and then fought Choc again.

The only real unification was for a fight that IMO he lost.
                Im not sure team gallo have ever offered ioka the fight because when it became a possibility it was for the New Year’s Eve date in Japan. As far as unifications go, the history is there and it is what it is. However, p4p gallo is ahead of ioka so if ioka and his team want a shot at the champ, they gotta pay up period. If they ever do fight, if bet you gallo whoops iokas ass how about that?

Comment

Ioka should vacate and fight a big dog, he's at the point of his career where he shouldn't waste any time

Comment

Ramirez is likely to get a reality check here. He has just a handful of fights, all against nobodies. Ioka is a whole different animal.

Comment

Working...
                    X