Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bakole Felt Tyson Fury Didn't Train at His Best For Ngannou Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Bakole Felt Tyson Fury Didn't Train at His Best For Ngannou Fight

According to heavyweight contender Martin Bakole, WBC world champion Tyson Fury was not exactly training at full speed for last October's crossover boxing match with Francis Ngannou.
    [Click Here To Read More]

did he pay him like the farmer?

Comment

did fury not train?
      is he over the hill?
      is he finished at the top level?
      how good is ngannou?

Comment

Fury probably won't even turn up for Uysk fight...

Comment

except for maybe Wilder 2&3, has he ever???????
          TMLT87 TMLT87 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Plick647 View Post
            except for maybe Wilder 2&3, has he ever???????
            he didn’t even train well for Wilder 3. He was in hospital with his newborn baby until 5 weeks before the fight, then he started training with just under 5 weeks to go.
            Plick647 Plick647 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Smash View Post
              did fury not train?
              is he over the hill?
              is he finished at the top level?
              how good is ngannou?

I lost sleep over this shiet.
              Smash Smash likes this.

Comment

It was very obvious he didn't train properly for Ngannou, it was actually annoying how many people were saying "yeah he trained his hardest and had his best ever camp. he said he did"

I don't like it when people are willfully disingenuous just because they don't like a fighter.

I mean ignoring the fact fury is a pathological liar and you can't listen to a word he says.

Just about 7 weeks out from the fight the guy was obese at the press conference, he lost about 30-4plbs in 6 or 7 weeks which is TERRIBLE for athletic performance. You cannot lose that amount of weight that fast without suffering considerable loss of both strength and stamina, it tanks your testosterone levels and takes weeks or even months to recover from

And on fight night his muscle to fat ratio was near enough the worst I've ever seen on him, Fury is always a bit soft, but with muscle underneath the fat.

Vs Ngannou he had the classic skinny fat physique that fat guys who lose a lot of weight from dieting and running on a treadmill get. Skinny arms, skinny legs and a soft midsection.

Regardless, it's Fury's own fault for not training, but it was obvious to anyone who knew what they were looking at. Fury did a fat camp for the Ngannou fight, not a boxing camp.
                Last edited by Atypicalbrit; 01-11-2024, 03:35 AM.

Comment

Thats who Fury is, hes looked out of shape more often than hes looked in shape in his career. I dont think him being in better shape would have changed much anyway, maybe he would have gotten a more lopsided decision in his favour but Ngannous strength, power and durability would still have made him look underwhelming and prevented him from getting the finish.

Comment

His 12 week camp was on a barstool at Mickey’s Pub…
                    MulaKO MulaKO likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X