Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gabe Rosado Believes Terence Crawford Should Fight Jaron Ennis

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Gabe Rosado Believes Terence Crawford Should Fight Jaron Ennis

Diehards and those in boxing circles knew how special Terence Crawford was. It simply took the rest of the world a bit more time to catch up. The world title reigns, dominant wins, and undefeated record were all notable but many were convinced that Crawford
    [Click Here To Read More]

There in lies the problem of the sport when you're king at a late age. Does Terrence risk what he's done to get to where he is now by facing a risky young opponent? Or hold out for mega paychecks against opponents we probably don't care to watch him face but will bring him the most $$$ at this stage of his career?

Anyone else miss the days when the likes of Tito Trinidad coming up at like 22 years old facing guys with 53-0 records? lol. Going on to provide years of amazing fights? I know they're long gone, but damn, those were the golden eras of boxing. Heck, I got into Pac when he was what, 24 years old? When he faced Barrera (63-3?) for their first fight. I can say, I had a blast watching every fight of his career from their forward. I just wish there were more guys out there like that, but like I said, that's a bygone era.
    JLC JLC likes this.

Comment

Can understand TC chasing that Canelo payday & if he loses, he lost to the bigger guy. However Gabe is right, Boots deserves his shot. I think Bud likely has too much for him right now, but I reckon it would be a far tougher fight than Spence. If Boots were to beat him then the Canelo payday would likely evaporate so I don't reckon it can happen before that plays out. However, if he manages to get it on with Alvarez and beats him, he rules the fkn world.

Comment

Originally posted by ELPacman View Post
        There in lies the problem of the sport when you're king at a late age. Does Terrence risk what he's done to get to where he is now by facing a risky young opponent? Or hold out for mega paychecks against opponents we probably don't care to watch him face but will bring him the most $$$ at this stage of his career?

Anyone else miss the days when the likes of Tito Trinidad coming up at like 22 years old facing guys with 53-0 records? lol. Going on to provide years of amazing fights? I know they're long gone, but damn, those were the golden eras of boxing. Heck, I got into Pac when he was what, 24 years old? When he faced Barrera (63-3?) for their first fight. I can say, I had a blast watching every fight of his career from their forward. I just wish there were more guys out there like that, but like I said, that's a bygone era.
        It's a product of the Floyd era. Don't wanna risk the 0 because they think that's s way to making mega money by having that 0 and tbh fans think it aswell nowadays. A guy doesn't even have to lose his 0 they can wobbled in a fight and you got fans on twitter calling them overrated and bums etc like you said long gone are the days of the past

Comment

" If they were giving me something financially where it was worth taking the risk, but I could be alright, then, you know, it's worth the risk," Gabe Rosado August 6th 2013

Comment

After the rematch, the money fights for Crawford seem to be at 154.

Comment

Originally posted by factsarenice View Post
              " If they were giving me something financially where it was worth taking the risk, but I could be alright, then, you know, it's worth the risk," Gabe Rosado August 6th 2013

He wasn’t at the top. He’s talking about guys at the top.

With Canelo Alvarez being Crawford’s number one target, he’s ignored the brazen call-outs of Ennis.

Although most understand where Crawford is coming from, Gabriel Rosado doesn’t like it.

“In all honesty, Boots earned his spot,” Rosado told Sean Zittel of FightHype.com. “He beat the guys he was supposed to beat, and they're in the same weight class.”

Ennis, 26, has the sort of buzz that’s seldom seen nowadays. Up until this point, not a single fighter has challenged him. The newly crowned welterweight belt holder spent his 2023 wiping the floor with Karen Chukhadzhian and Roiman Villa. Now, while unlikely, he’s hoping that Crawford will take him up on his offer and face him next.

At the age of 36, if you aren’t depositing a significant amount of money into his bank account, Crawford would rather pass on anyone not named Canelo Alvarez. With that said, getting older in the sport comes with the territory.

According to most, Crawford is viewed as the best fighter in the world. But, if he wants to hold onto that crown that’s dangling from his fingertips, Rosado believes he’ll need to prove himself against some of the young lions like Jaron Ennis.

“This is a young man’s sport. You the king, you on top, you pound-for-pound but now you got the young killer coming up. To stay in the game, you gotta fight those dudes.”
              And Gabe is correct. Which is what makes it a duck.

Comment

“This is a young man’s sport. You the king, you on top, you pound-for-pound but now you got the young killer coming up. To stay in the game, you gotta fight those dudes.” - Gabe Rosado

It would be nice, because all these guys complain when they're on the bottom looking up, then they turn around and do the same to the YGs once they're on top! That said, Crawford can fight Spence, then Canelo, or he can simply retire after Spence. Undisputed Champ at 140, and 147! We probably won't see that again!

Comment

Can Crawford take a fight before the Spence rematch? I thought it was an immediate rematch. "Immediate" meaning next year or the year after lol.

Comment

All well and good saying Crawford needs to fight Ennis. Ennis' promoter has to want him to fight Crawford. Potential L before world champion status? Unlikely. Protect the 0 b-s

Comment

Working...
                    X