Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ismael Barroso: This Win is Sweeter After What's Happened Last Time With Romero

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ismael Barroso: This Win is Sweeter After What's Happened Last Time With Romero

LAS VEGAS - Ismael Barroso (25-4-2, 23 KOs) was all smiles on Saturday night after capturing the WBA interim super lightweight title.
    [Click Here To Read More]

He might look much older than his official age but he's still got the punching power.

The power stays. I bet you George Foreman still punches like a mule, even at his current age.

Comment

De La Hoya Doubts Ryan Garcia’s Guidance, Vows To Deliver Haney, Despite His Change Of Heart
      01/09/2024 - By Jeepers Isaac

Ryan Garcia’s promoter, Oscar De La Hoya, believes he’s got people whispering in his telling him things, and he says he is going to continue with his original plans to put together the fight with Devin Haney next. Oscar didn’t say who was whispering in Ryan’s ear and giving him advice, but some fans believe that Floyd Mayweather Jr. is the one who convinced him not to take the fight with Haney.

It’s believed that the argument was centered around Haney not being a PPV attraction after his recent PPV numbers for his fight with Regis Prograis on December 9th were leaked to the media, and they were not good. De La Hoya says going to make the Haney vs. Ryan Garcia fight for March or April. It might not work for Oscar to force Ryan (24-1, 20 KOs) to fight WBC light welterweight champion Haney if he’s already saying he is no longer interested in fighting him. This could end badly if De La Hoya tries to force Ryan to fight Haney because he won’t sign the contract, and he’ll have wasted his time with the negotiations.

De La Hoya insists that he’s the one that can give Ryan advice, but that’s not happening. Some would argue that if De La Hoya’s advice is for Ryan to go through with the Haney fight, he’s failing him. That would be bad advice because Ryan will likely lose, the fight won’t bring in a lot of PPV buys due to Haney not being a draw, and Ryan’s marketability will be diminished.

That fight works for Haney but not Ryan. De La Hoya should know this, though, because it’s pretty obvious that Haney is a more complete fighter at this stage of his career, and he’s too big to be fighting 140-pounders. Haney should be fighting at junior middleweight. Ryan wants the arguably easier fight against WBA light welterweight champion Rolando ‘Rolly’ Romero next, as that’s a fight that he has a better chance of winning. Haney is so big for the 140-lb division.

That’s not a good match-up for most of the fighters in the division because they’re not rehydrating to 165 like Haney.

In an interview with Fight Hub TV, De La Hoya expressed concern about the advice Garcia receives, stating, “Ryan is young; he’s just now maturing. I strongly feel he has a lot of bad advice, I really do, and I feel for him because there are a lot of people out there who are going to give you the wrong advice.”

“Ryan is young; he’s just now maturing. I strongly feel he has a lot of bad advice, I really do, and I feel for him because there are a lot of people out there who are going to give you the wrong advice,” said Oscar De La Hoya to Fight Hub TV about Ryan Garcia.

“It’s a cruel world out there when you’re the top dog, and you’re the money maker, and you’re coming up, and you’re young. You have all these whispers in your ear. I just hope that Ryan finds that one person that is going to give him the best advice in the world and listens to him, and wants the best for him.

“I thought I could be that person, but he listens to other people. It’s something I can’t control. All I can do is try to do is do the best job possible for him.

“He asked me to get Haney, and that’s what I’m going to gun for. Hopefully in March or April,” said De La Hoya about his plans on going through with the Haney-Garcia negotiations despite Ryan telling him that he no longer wants Haney. Ryan wants to face WBA light welterweight champion Rolando ‘Rolly’ Romero next.​

https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-new...f-heart/272948

Comment

"LAS VEGAS - Ismael Barroso (25-4-2, 23 KOs) was all smiles on Saturday night after capturing the WBA interim super lightweight title."

Man, if that's him smiling I hate to imagine what he looks like when he's pi$$ed off...

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
          De La Hoya Doubts Ryan Garcia’s Guidance, Vows To Deliver Haney, Despite His Change Of Heart
          01/09/2024 - By Jeepers Isaac

Ryan Garcia’s promoter, Oscar De La Hoya, believes he’s got people whispering in his telling him things, and he says he is going to continue with his original plans to put together the fight with Devin Haney next. Oscar didn’t say who was whispering in Ryan’s ear and giving him advice, but some fans believe that Floyd Mayweather Jr. is the one who convinced him not to take the fight with Haney.

It’s believed that the argument was centered around Haney not being a PPV attraction after his recent PPV numbers for his fight with Regis Prograis on December 9th were leaked to the media, and they were not good. De La Hoya says going to make the Haney vs. Ryan Garcia fight for March or April. It might not work for Oscar to force Ryan (24-1, 20 KOs) to fight WBC light welterweight champion Haney if he’s already saying he is no longer interested in fighting him. This could end badly if De La Hoya tries to force Ryan to fight Haney because he won’t sign the contract, and he’ll have wasted his time with the negotiations.

De La Hoya insists that he’s the one that can give Ryan advice, but that’s not happening. Some would argue that if De La Hoya’s advice is for Ryan to go through with the Haney fight, he’s failing him. That would be bad advice because Ryan will likely lose, the fight won’t bring in a lot of PPV buys due to Haney not being a draw, and Ryan’s marketability will be diminished.

That fight works for Haney but not Ryan. De La Hoya should know this, though, because it’s pretty obvious that Haney is a more complete fighter at this stage of his career, and he’s too big to be fighting 140-pounders. Haney should be fighting at junior middleweight. Ryan wants the arguably easier fight against WBA light welterweight champion Rolando ‘Rolly’ Romero next, as that’s a fight that he has a better chance of winning. Haney is so big for the 140-lb division.

That’s not a good match-up for most of the fighters in the division because they’re not rehydrating to 165 like Haney.

In an interview with Fight Hub TV, De La Hoya expressed concern about the advice Garcia receives, stating, “Ryan is young; he’s just now maturing. I strongly feel he has a lot of bad advice, I really do, and I feel for him because there are a lot of people out there who are going to give you the wrong advice.”

“Ryan is young; he’s just now maturing. I strongly feel he has a lot of bad advice, I really do, and I feel for him because there are a lot of people out there who are going to give you the wrong advice,” said Oscar De La Hoya to Fight Hub TV about Ryan Garcia.

“It’s a cruel world out there when you’re the top dog, and you’re the money maker, and you’re coming up, and you’re young. You have all these whispers in your ear. I just hope that Ryan finds that one person that is going to give him the best advice in the world and listens to him, and wants the best for him.

“I thought I could be that person, but he listens to other people. It’s something I can’t control. All I can do is try to do is do the best job possible for him.

“He asked me to get Haney, and that’s what I’m going to gun for. Hopefully in March or April,” said De La Hoya about his plans on going through with the Haney-Garcia negotiations despite Ryan telling him that he no longer wants Haney. Ryan wants to face WBA light welterweight champion Rolando ‘Rolly’ Romero next.​

https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-new...f-heart/272948

1. Princess ry ain’t a draw no more tank ruined his drawing power. Anyone who saw him quit and was a fan like me don’t really care about what he does anymore cause it’s obvious he’s not one of the top dogs.
          2. Fighting haney is career suicide ODLH knows this. The fight would stink, would not sell and Ryan would lose.

Comment

Originally posted by LAchargers373 View Post

1. Princess ry ain’t a draw no more tank ruined his drawing power. Anyone who saw him quit and was a fan like me don’t really care about what he does anymore cause it’s obvious he’s not one of the top dogs.
            2. Fighting haney is career suicide ODLH knows this. The fight would stink, would not sell and Ryan would lose.
            Oscar is the one pushing for Haney, not Garcia! Garcia wants Rolly!

Comment

Oscar is the one pushing for Haney, not Garcia! Garcia wants Rolly!
              Who cares tho garcia acts like he’s some big shot caller it’s a joke

Comment

Who cares tho garcia acts like he’s some big shot caller it’s a joke
                He's a BIG draw, and his numbers prove that! I'm not a big fan, but just watch these numbers for Romero vs. Garcia! He'll use that in negotiations with anybody, and only Tank is BIG enough to demand 60/40 from Ryan! It is what it is! Don't hate the player, hate the game!

Comment

He's a BIG draw, and his numbers prove that! I'm not a big fan, but just watch these numbers for Romero vs. Garcia! He'll use that in negotiations with anybody, and only Tank is BIG enough to demand 60/40 from Ryan! It is what it is! Don't hate the player, hate the game!
                  You think the stars gonna come out to see this bum? Name one great HOF off the top of your head that quit like him and anyone cares about afterwards. He not even really that big on tik tok or IG or whatever he does he not bigger than Jake Paul. And Jake Paul’s people’s don’t care about cryan. None of my young cousins or nephews who don’t watch boxing and love Jake Paul know who Ryan garcia is. I know some people in Baltimore that know him from get whooped by tank. Like explain to me who cares to watch this dude? Who can he beat? Rolly? Who cares. Rolly got his ass beat by 45 year old ismeal barros why does that move the needle? Put it on bumfights vol.6

Comment

You think the stars gonna come out to see this bum? Name one great HOF off the top of your head that quit like him and anyone cares about afterwards. He not even really that big on tik tok or IG or whatever he does he not bigger than Jake Paul. And Jake Paul’s people’s don’t care about cryan. None of my young cousins or nephews who don’t watch boxing and love Jake Paul know who Ryan garcia is. I know some people in Baltimore that know him from get whooped by tank. Like explain to me who cares to watch this dude? Who can he beat? Rolly? Who cares. Rolly got his ass beat by 45 year old ismeal barros why does that move the needle? Put it on bumfights vol.6
                    I don't know, it seemed like A LOT of Garcia fans were in San Antonio, for the Duarte fight! I do NOT like the Romero vs. Garcia fight, and I won't pay to see it, but I have a feeling that many will pay, and the event will be a financial success!

Comment

Working...
                    X