Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Leigh Wood vs. Josh Warrington Rematch Slated For May 18

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Leigh Wood vs. Josh Warrington Rematch Slated For May 18

Matchroom Boxing head Eddie Hearn has revealed that the all-British battle and rematch between Leigh Wood and Josh Warrington will take place in the United Kingdom later this spring.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Another unnecessary rematch in my opinion.

Comment

The first fight ended conclusively. I'm not sure why a rematch is necessary.

I know why they're doing it, obviously.

Comment

Dan-b and Stab, I disagree with y'all. I'm looking forward to the rematch because while "the first fight ended conclusively" it was a good, close fight that Warrington was winning before he got clipped. And it had a lot of action. And they'll bring a great fan base for an exciting outdoor event. I definitely see the money side of things, but as a fan I'm interested.

Comment

reMatchroom.

Comment

I'm not mad at this at all. It'll be all action again, both are towards the end of their careers, while not totally spent. This is about their level now.

Happily watch them beat the crap out of each other again (although Wood/Cordina for a belt would also be good).
            Last edited by M312; 01-09-2024, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tag, You're Hit View Post
              Dan-b and Stab, I disagree with y'all. I'm looking forward to the rematch because while "the first fight ended conclusively" it was a good, close fight that Warrington was winning before he got clipped. And it had a lot of action. And they'll bring a great fan base for an exciting outdoor event. I definitely see the money side of things, but as a fan I'm interested.
              You're not wrong, it was a very good fight. I'd just prefer Wood moved on to bigger and better things. I'll still watch.
              Tag, You're Hit Tag, You're Hit likes this.

Comment

I wouldn’t give the rat a rematch

Must be good money on the table though I imagine

Comment

It was compelling viewing the first time but the finish was so conclusive it doesn't need to happen again, I don't see why we get rematches like this all the time in this sport, they're beyond pointless.
                  dan-b dan-b Wacked_Out Wacked_Out like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Boro View Post
                    It was compelling viewing the first time but the finish was so conclusive it doesn't need to happen again, I don't see why we get rematches like this all the time in this sport, they're beyond pointless.
                    At least Woods already vacated the belt so it will probably be a tune-up fight at 130 which won't be as bad I hope?

Comment

Working...
                    X