Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Showdown With Ngannou a Career Crossroads For Anthony Joshua

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Showdown With Ngannou a Career Crossroads For Anthony Joshua

Five years ago, it'd be a no brainer. The unbeaten version of Anthony Joshua was coming off KOs of Wladimir Klitschko and Alexander Povetkin, among others. He was big and strong and aggressive and confident and appeared to be the British export who'd dominate the heavyweight division into the 2020s.
    [Click Here To Read More]

AJ is vulnerable. His fundamentals are ok, but they go out of the window when he gets clocked. I’ve seen him back up in straight lines with his chin in the air, turn his back & just basically panic when he’s hurt. Also, too much is made of his W’s v 40yr old Wladimir & Sasha. Let’s not forget Wladimir had lost to Fury & been out for 18 months before their fight. AJ’s biggest asset may be his marketability, the job Eddie has done in moulding him as a product. I watch his fights with interest, but let’s face it, Fury v Usyk is the defining HW fight right now. Everyone else are just also-rans.
    thack thack fifth_root fifth_root like this.

Comment

Saw the title and knew exactly who the writer was going to be.

I predict AJ will comfortably stop Ngannou because unlike Fury he’ll actually train for the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
        Saw the title and knew exactly who the writer was going to be.

I predict AJ will comfortably stop Ngannou because unlike Fury he’ll actually train for the fight.
        Well that’s the narrative most want to believe and that’s because they can’t wrap their heads around Ngannou actually coming close to beating Fury ,however the fact is Sugar Hill would never let Fury relax or coast for any fight so anything else said is fake news . Everyone including the boxing pundits saw how intense and sharp Fury looked in the open Work outs they just chose to backtrack on those statements after that fight .

“The man’s had 20 fights, he’s going from homeless to being world champion in six years, so I don’t underestimate anyone like that.
        “I take him 100% seriously, I’m training as hard for him as I did for [Deontay] Wilder, [Wladimir] Klitschko, anyone. I’ve got to do my job, there’s no foregone conclusions.
        “I don’t count my chickens before they hatch. Every man has to be respected and gets credit for stepping in that ring.
        "If it’s anything less than an absolute war, it’ll be an easy night, but I’m preparing for an absolute battle royale.”​

T.Fury

Comment

Joshua is and was never good enough to be any sort of a slickster .We have only seen aggressive power and vulnerability.For this fight with the still unproven and still relatively unknown Ngannou ( in boxing terms) we just might see something that made Joshua worth watching. With Ben at the helm I would expect to see Joshua jabbing and moving , as was Bens game plan for Tyson/Wilder 1 but it could get exciting and interesting IF Joshua's punchers don't have impact as unlike Fury with skilled movement and a much higher IQ , Joshua will be a sitting duck .This will be Joshua's first fight with a hitter since the Ruiz demolition , so he will be getting huge bucks for the risk. The fight has intrigue as did the Fury one ( which a lot of the Joshua 'fans' took the piss over) and it will be worth watching if only seeing Edward shyting himself at ringside wondering if his business plan is about to fall apart.

Comment

Don’t clown Olawufemi for taking this fight, blame wikder’s uninspiring performance in which he never even tried to win. Between wilder and this ufc fighter, who had a better last performance? Exactly.
            Brettcappe Alan Smithee likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
              Don’t clown Olawufemi for taking this fight, blame wikder’s uninspiring performance in which he never even tried to win. Between wilder and this ufc fighter, who had a better last performance? Exactly.
              Wilder definitely did not look right. He has given up rounds before but his legs seemed shot against Parker. Wilder has made up many excuses for the Fury loss but what was his excuse against Parker? It's a shame. I was looking forward to finally seeing Joshua and Wilder square off. Joshua/ Ngannou? Just not the same!

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Smithee View Post

Wilder definitely did not look right. He has given up rounds before but his legs seemed shot against Parker. Wilder has made up many excuses for the Fury loss but what was his excuse against Parker? It's a shame. I was looking forward to finally seeing Joshua and Wilder square off. Joshua/ Ngannou? Just not the same!
                He believed he couldn't be beaten. His team had agreed with everything he thought otherwise they'd be sacked.

That's why he was so shocked when the bloke coming back from obesity wasn't knocked out when touched and could outbox and hurt him. Even more so in the second fight when he got battered.

After Parker his delusions have been shattered. He now knows what many of us had suspected for years. He just isn't that good and the standard of opposition hadn't checked his level.
                ​​​​​​
                ​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Smithee View Post

Wilder has been a lazy fighter since after winning the title. If we remember his climb he actually used to come forward and throw punches and even in his title winning effort he moved and boxed and jabbed and out threw Stiverne. He has never fought like that again, he sunk into the lay back and wait to land punches style and he has fought like this since his first defence. It’s a style that he is now comfortable with, he has people around him who won’t make him train in ways he’s not comfortable with, wilder is where he is because he is a stubborn man that lacks the mental discipline to do what needs to be done to win. And on top of all that, he’s just not an intelligent thinker.

Comment

Working...
                  X