Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Carl Froch Breaks Down Anthony Joshua vs. Francis Ngannou: It's Not a Bad Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Carl Froch Breaks Down Anthony Joshua vs. Francis Ngannou: It's Not a Bad Fight

Despite a remarkable debut in which he dropped Tyson Fury and pushed the unbeaten WBC and lineal heavyweight champion to the wire before losing a split decision, Carl Froch feels that Francis Ngannou needs to prove himself all over again when he takes on Anthony Joshua in Saudi Arabia later this year.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I expect AJ to comfortably outbox him over 12.

AJ isn't a lazy slob like Fury, he will take the fight seriously.

Comment

Going to look something like the Breazeale fight. He seems like a big durable guy but as i said, look at the fight and see how many SOLID rights Fury landed on him. You aren't going to stand up to those round after around vs AJ.

Nowhere did I said Breazeale was stronger than Ngannou, I'm talking about how much damage he can take before the stoppage

Last edited by hhh1200; 01-09-2024, 05:25 AM.

Comment

The most important result we've seen is Parker walking over Wilder as that has really damaged the credit that can be drawn from Fury's trilogy.

Thats what makes this fight so good for AJ - he should be able to win pretty easily, anything other than defeat makes him look better than Fury.
        Last edited by MMegatron; 01-09-2024, 08:26 AM.
        James Hunt James Hunt Zaroku Zaroku like this.

Comment

AJ would do all the damage behind the jab. Both would make lot money. I am sure Dana White would be mad

Comment

Can't disagree with anything Froch says here.

Comment

Carl is right , fighting Ngannou is getting further away from fighting or a world title . Joshua said , one year ago it was all about the money , then he said it was world titles , then it's about money .Is he like Hearn a faking idiot or is he a liar like Hearn? ..I'd say a bit of both . Joshua should be too heavy handed for Ngganou IF Ngganou refuses to faint as he did with Fury , but what makes it slightly more interesting than Joshua's usual opponents is that Ngganou could crack that chin again.

Comment

Originally posted by MMegatron View Post
                The most important result we've seen is Parker walking over Wilder as that has really damaged the credit that can be drawn from Fury's trilogy.

Thats what makes this fight so good for AJ - he should be able to win pretty easily, anything other than defeat makes him look better than Fury.
                All fury has to do is beat Usyk and it won’t matter what AJ does
                MMegatron MMegatron likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by MMegatron View Post

You could argue it was irreparable damage from the Fury trilogy that made Wilder gun shy and unwilling to do what he once would no matter the situation.

Rather than Parker being some great that made Wilder look gunshy and unable to pull the trigger but hey ho, whatever narrative works.

As for it making him look better than Fury how do you figure Fury always looks terrible against guys he's expected to beat and shows up in his significant fights, this is not just a theory either everyone knows this to be true.
                  MMegatron MMegatron likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by denium View Post
                    I expect AJ to comfortably outbox him over 12.

AJ isn't a lazy slob like Fury, he will take the fight seriously.
                    They are doing 10 runs though. 12 rounds are for championship bouts.

Comment

Working...
                    X