Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golden Boy Reacts To Tony Weeks' Statements on Fredrick Lawson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Golden Boy Reacts To Tony Weeks' Statements on Fredrick Lawson

The first major U.S. boxing show of the new year has sparked a major controversy. Golden Boy Promotions was forced to address allegations surrounding the medical clearance process for the Vergil Ortiz-Fredrick Lawson DAZN headliner this past Saturday at Virgin Hotels Las Vegas. Ortiz was credited with a first-round stoppage win, though referee Tony Weeks was widely criticized for what many regarded as an extremely quick stoppage.
    [Click Here To Read More]

https://twitter.com/Donboxin/status/1744157653134381086

Comment

Not cleared to fight.... Not cleared to fight.... Cleared to fight....

Let's continue giving Virgil opponents' with aneurysm so that he and the ref can stop the fight very early....
      Last edited by SceneBoxer; 01-07-2024, 08:54 PM.
      Damn Wicked Damn Wicked likes this.

Comment

This is the dark side of boxing. That guy should never fight again. And maybe they got him one final check.

Comment

Whoa! I take back what I said about the stoppage. Credit to Tony for showing some compassion. Everyone got paid and was able to go home safely.

Comment

I read this on another site. If that was the case, I take back my comments, good stoppage. Lawson shouldn’t have even been in the ring to begin with, so Weeks rightfully gave him a really short leash.

Comment

Why was he allowed to fight at all if he had that? That seems like some sh^t they'd not allow you to fight over.
              pnut901 pnut901 likes this.

Comment

Reminds me of that boxing movie 'gladiator', where he refused to punch Cuba Gooding in the head. All body work. They couldn't move anymore Ortiz dates. A little coin and make it happen.
                Zaroku Zaroku likes this.

Comment

i'm gonna need a more reliable source than tony weeks

Comment

If it's true, it's a troubling fact about the sport that they just need one doctor to clear a fighter after another saw red flags. I've watched enough boxing and seen enough shadiness and tragedy because of greed that this wouldn't surprise me.
                    pnut901 pnut901 eco1 eco1 like this.

Comment

Working...
                    X