Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joe Cordina-Anthony Cacace IBF Title Fight Targeted For Feb. 17 Fury-Usyk Card In Riyadh

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Joe Cordina-Anthony Cacace IBF Title Fight Targeted For Feb. 17 Fury-Usyk Card In Riyadh

Anthony Cacace finally caught a break in his hard luck career. BoxingScene.com has learned that plans are in place for Belfast's Cacace to challenge two-time and reigning IBF junior lightweight titlist Joe Cordina. The bout is targeted for February 17 on the undercard of the Tyson Fury-Oleksandr Usyk undisputed heavyweight championship in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Solid addition to the undercard. I make Cordina a strong favourite though.

Comment

Cordina needs to step up and seek fights with top tier guys. Fringe contenders are getting boring.
      Hitmon Hitmon likes this.

Comment

Who else is going to be fighting then? Thought Zhang would be but looks like he's out in March instead.

Comment

Cordina acted like he was too good for Foster then did this

Comment

I make 'Ford' a strong favourite because Cacace has done nothing to justify this shot. In the last 3 years he has fought twice for the, highly dubious, IBO title. I don't want to bang on, but surely there are more deserving challengers than Cacace?

Comment

Damn Cordina needed a soft touch because he's not ready to give up his belt to all the champions who would beat him. Without Sims special supplements the power in his right hand and his work rate magically disappeared.

Comment

Garbage fight - I hope the whole undercard isn’t this bad

Comment

Originally posted by wildman View Post
                  Cordina needs to step up and seek fights with top tier guys. Fringe contenders are getting boring.
                  Good point. I think the last two fights - which Cordina has had to fight like (heck) to win - have given him a reality check on his actual level. He’s not an elite fighter, so he’s got to milk those “I’ve got a title belt” level fight purses for as long as he can.

Comment

Originally posted by Roj View Post
                    Garbage fight - I hope the whole undercard isn’t this bad
                    The Apache's not too bad really & given the quick turn around after the Vazquez fight you gotta give Joe a bit of respect. I just hope we get the Navarrete or Foster unification & not Leigh Wood this Summer if Joe bests Anthony.

Comment

Working...
                    X