Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Xander Zayas-Patrick Teixeira Moved Off Feb. 16 ESPN Show, Now Targeted For June

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Xander Zayas-Patrick Teixeira Moved Off Feb. 16 ESPN Show, Now Targeted For June

Xander Zayas and Patrick Teixeira will have to wait a few months longer for their crossroads bout. BoxingScene.com has learned that the junior middleweight fight between the unbeaten rising prospect and former titlist has been pushed back to June. They were previously due to appear as the co-feature of the February 16 Top Rank on ESPN card at Madison Square Garden's Hulu Theater in New York City.
    [Click Here To Read More]

4 whole months!?

Comment

If it's a hold up on teixerias end just scrap it and find someone else in the top 30 or so but with Zayas recent injurys it could be his side making the postpoment

Comment

Bob Arum putting Zayas on ice until the Puerto Rican Day Parade? So much for staying active.
        The Big Dunn The Big Dunn likes this.

Comment

Going to save him for Teo vs Matias in June at MSG

Comment

The fault is with Zayas for accepting the delay. Now he will likely only fight twice in 2024. Bad news unless the second fight of 2024 is his crack at Tszyu and the WBO belt.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing2695 View Post
              If it's a hold up on teixerias end just scrap it and find someone else in the top 30 or so but with Zayas recent injurys it could be his side making the postpoment
              From everything I could gather, the hold up is not on the Teixeira side.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                Bob Arum putting Zayas on ice until the Puerto Rican Day Parade? So much for staying active.
                The Bobfather bang your girl lol ?
                Just kidding , and don’t even go there
                I ain’t no fughin fan of promoters or promotional outfits
                The only reason was cause we’ve had tons of discussions about the Bobfather
                All good
                Teetotaler69 Teetotaler69 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post

The Bobfather bang your girl lol ?
                  Just kidding , and don’t even go there
                  I ain’t no fughin fan of promoters or promotional outfits
                  The only reason was cause we’ve had tons of discussions about the Bobfather
                  All good
                  So are you ok with Zayas not fighting until June now? I wonder how Zayas feels about it.

Both camps are refusing to comment to BoxingScene which seems a little shady. Arum is known to want to control the media narrative to the point that he’ll even withdraw access to his fighters if media members persist in asking the tough questions.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

So are you ok with Zayas not fighting until June now? I wonder how Zayas feels about it.

Both camps are refusing to comment to BoxingScene which seems a little shady. Arum is known to want to control the media narrative to the point that he’ll even withdraw access to his fighters if media members persist in asking the tough questions.
                    Nah , I ain't alright with that chit
                    I’m also a believer that these young guys need the most they can get when they Areva at this premature stage of their career
                    I know the obvious is to blame the Bobfather but my thinking is is there’s much more to the story
                    One thing I’ll give the Bobfather is , he knows how to build a character
                    He didn’t last in this business being a chump
                    Don’t you agree ?

Comment

Working...
                    X