Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Vergil Ortiz, Fredrick Lawson - Ready For Battle in Las Vegas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Vergil Ortiz, Fredrick Lawson - Ready For Battle in Las Vegas

Ortiz, Lawson Weights Photos Gallery - For his big debut in his new division, undefeated, knockout sensation Vergil Ortiz, Jr. (19-0, 19 KOs) of Grand Prairie, Texas, is set to fight after a long layoff.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Vergil looks absolutely perfect for this weight. I'm hoping his dreams can still come true. To me, one of the best contender vs contender matchups in in 10 years would have been him vs Ennis in a war for the ages. But hopefully they can meet for a title at 154 in 2-3 years.
    joseph5620 joseph5620 likes this.

Comment

Man I hope 154 is enough of a jump for this dude.

I know it's a bit of weight from ww to jmw, but for the type of problems he ran into it has me nervous that maybe he should have moved to 160 IMHO.

Totally hope he proves this nagging suspicion wrong as he is a fun fighter. that being said, I think same day weigh ins need to come back to protect guys from themselves/promotion/managers/networks.

Comment

Ortiz looks real good at the weight but still has to show it in the ring. Look forward to seeing him back in action.

Comment

I'm interested in seeing if Virgil is stronger at this weight. Usually if you're a little bigger and cutting weight, putting on some weight helps, I guess we will see.

Comment

See how Virgil gets a cherry and Barosso gets a guaranteed beating. Ugly is a disadvantage to where I add it as a point from the gate. Barosso is down, age, size, and ugly. 3 points. Out of the gate.
            charliepaerker charliepaerker likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
              Vergil looks absolutely perfect for this weight. I'm hoping his dreams can still come true. To me, one of the best contender vs contender matchups in in 10 years would have been him vs Ennis in a war for the ages. But hopefully they can meet for a title at 154 in 2-3 years.
              He does look much healthier at this weight, let's hope he acclimates well

Comment

Ortiz inside 6

Comment

Easy work for Ortiz...KO inside 4 rounds.

Comment

Lawson has a look on his face that he’s a lamb that’s going to be slaughtered at sundown. That’s too bad. I think he could make a good fight of this. Hes doing it just for the money.
                    Somebody slap him and wake him up. Hes got a good chance. Ortiz is damaged goods for some reason. Lay it on him Lawson. You’re a live dog.

Comment

Working...
                    X