Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Vergil Ortiz Makes Weight For First Fight In 17 Months, Faces Fredrick Lawson On Saturday

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Vergil Ortiz Makes Weight For First Fight In 17 Months, Faces Fredrick Lawson On Saturday

Vergil Ortiz Jr. stepped on the scale and made weight Friday for the first time in 17 months. Ortiz officially weighed in at a career-high 156 pounds, the contracted limit for his 12-round fight Saturday night against Fredrick Lawson at Virgin Hotels Las Vegas. Chicago's Lawson stepped on the Nevada State Athletic Commission's scale
    [Click Here To Read More]

Not gonna lie him moving up got me to lose interest. Main reason I was a fan was to see him whoop booty ennis ass but now that opportunity is gone.

Comment

Vergil Ortiz left Eimantas Stanionis dry.

Comment

Id like to see Ortiz vs. Tszyu at the end of the year.

Comment

Glad Vergil made the catchweight nicely, once he gets more active it be more comfortable to cut down to 154.

By the way, while I am still pissed I couldn't go to the Stanionis vs Ortiz Jr fight, I hope he is alright and is still able to compete at a more stacked and active division.

Comment

Originally posted by WarVeteranO01 View Post
            Throw Jermell back in there, maybe even Crawford & Ennis. Potential for some really great fights.

I'm dreaming, I know
            landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

Totally unrelated to this but Ariel Helwani is reporting that Joshua vs Ngannou is a done deal . So much for fighting Hrgovic.

Comment

Originally posted by WarVeteranO01 View Post
                That would be a banger if Vergil is still Vergil.

I'm curious for this fight to see if he's still the same guy he was. This opp is a setup opp for an early KO so if Vergil has problems or doesn't KO him then dude might not even be the same guy anymore after all his health issues.
                Boxfan83 WarVeteranO01 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Patsfan bri View Post
                  Totally unrelated to this but Ariel Helwani is reporting that Joshua vs Ngannou is a done deal . So much for fighting Hrgovic.
                  Wow. Ngannou got thrown too the wolves in boxing, but he's making that money & sh^t he'll have fought 2 of the 3 guys on his wish list if this is legit.

Comment

Was this always a catch wight or was it made into one?

Comment

Working...
                    X