Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: BoxingScene.com's 2023 Knockout of The Year: Brian Mendoza Over Sebastian Fundora

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: BoxingScene.com's 2023 Knockout of The Year: Brian Mendoza Over Sebastian Fundora

By Keith Idec - No one saw it coming. No one, that is, other than Brian Mendoza. The junior middleweight contender was well aware that Sebastian Fundora's defensive deficiencies made the 6-foot-6 southpaw susceptible to left hooks. Though undoubtedly down on the scorecards entering the seventh round April 8 at Dignity Health Sports Park in Carson, California, Mendoza realized that if he could connect cleanly with one of his left hooks that he could change the course of their 12-round fight for Fundora's WBC interim super welterweight title.
    [Click Here To Read More]

No Zhang over Joyce as a runner-up? Imo a lot better KO than Joshua's
    SUBZER0ED SUBZER0ED likes this.

Comment

Zhang knocking out Joyce twice if far more impressive. Sure, now everybody say Joyce is a bum, nobody talked like that before.

Comment

Fundora was nothing but a KO waiting to happen. He was able to get away with some things with the smaller JMW's but genetically he simply doesn't have the build for elite boxing.

Comment

If we go off brilliance of KO, then yes, Fundora getting sparked was amazing. Flat on his back.

But it wasn't a surprise really. We always saw Fundora open for the punches. It's just that Mendoza stayed in the range that was just perfectly outside of where Fundora could see it coming, which itself was surprising that Ocampo didn't fight like that. But yes, Fundora was a KO waiting to happen just like Paul Williams.

Comment

I agree with this. It was kind of shocking to me when it happened because it was almost out of no where. I knew Fundora would eventually get his clock cleaned, but never thought by Mendoza. Kind of sucks too because Fundora gave me some Paul William vibes and his fights were typically exciting. I'm not sure Fundora can ever recover from a KO like that.
            pretty boy_ pretty boy_ likes this.

Comment

Boxingscene doesn't know what they are doing
              HeadShots HeadShots likes this.

Comment

in terms of opponent, significance and actual 1 punch KO

this one is far superior

Joyce is KNOWN as the juggernaut due to his iron jaw.

also the KO is a very rare punch. when's the last time you saw a southpaw KO someone with a right hook? At Heavy?

boxingscene has racist agenda tbh
                Last edited by HeadShots; 01-05-2024, 10:14 AM.
                4truth 4truth likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
                  Zhang knocking out Joyce twice if far more impressive. Sure, now everybody say Joyce is a bum, nobody talked like that before.

Joyce was top 3 heavyweight and mandatory after his KO over Parker.
                  JakeTheBoxer JakeTheBoxer likes this.

Comment

Best part of the Fundora KO was his dad in the corner about 30 seconds before the kid got obliterated, saying of Mendoza, "he thinks he is doing something but he isn't". Lololol.

The Fundora's are incredibly annoying because they carry this arrogance and smarminess about them.....ok, dude, you are like a foot taller than everyone else in the division, with spider arms, and you swarm guys because of the physical advantages. We get it. But the illusion of Fundora being some elite boxer was totally destroyed. Most satisfying KO of the year for sure.

Go play basketball where everyone has the same advantages dickweed.

Mendoza will always be a favorite of mine after that KO.
                    pretty boy_ pretty boy_ likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X