Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: BoxingScene.com's 2023 Upset of the Year: Rafael Espinoza Over Robeisy Ramirez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: BoxingScene.com's 2023 Upset of the Year: Rafael Espinoza Over Robeisy Ramirez

By Keith Idec - Robeisy Ramirez's optional opponent stood 6-foot-1, highly unusual for featherweights. Rafael Espinoza still wasn't supposed to be this tall of an order for the heavily favored former WBO 126-pound champion December 9. It was evident early in their 12-round title fight, though, that the relentless Espinoza posed problems for Ramirez that the Cuban southpaw didn't anticipate in what emerged as BoxingScene.com's 2023 "Upset of the Year."
    [Click Here To Read More]

Congrats to Divino, he made a fan out of me that night, can’t wait to see who next for the kid

Comment

Great choice but keep in mind some crooked scorecards almost phucked Espinoza.

Comment

By far the UOTY. Probably FOTY also. All those other guys that pulled off upsets were known commodities to different extents. Espinoza was a complete unknown and was given absolutely no shot at winning against Ramirez. Kudos to both guys bc that was a hell of a fight.
        pnut901 pnut901 likes this.

Comment

Most of this list doesn't even make sense. every single person apart from the winner and perhaps Mendoza had exceptionally high chances of winning their respective fights only the uninformed/ignorant would think otherwise...

Not only was the Espinoza a big underdog he was completely unknown even to his barber.

Comment

I thought Leigh Wood would get splatted in his rematch with Lara. Proved me wrong big time.

Also, not an upset by any stretch but I wasn't expecting Crawford to beat down Spence so easily.

I guess they're more shocks than upsets

Comment

Rosy lost his first professional fight that he was set up to win and eSpn was all about he had won before he fought so was that not something in my mind sure it was that and a few other facts in boxing........

Biggest upset was Showtime leaving the air........

Comment

IMO should also be fight of the year, this fight had it all

Comment

Upset of the year goes to Zhang vs. Joyce 1. He was a -1200 dog.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                    Upset of the year goes to Zhang vs. Joyce 1. He was a -1200 dog.
                    Espinoza was -1600 plus everyone new zhang and joyce didnt have that many credentials Robeisy two times gold medalist and world champ vs unknown almost koed coming back, no comparison bro

Comment

Working...
                    X