Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Israil Madrimov-Magomed Kurbanov Junior Middleweight Bout Set, Reportedly For WBA Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Israil Madrimov-Magomed Kurbanov Junior Middleweight Bout Set, Reportedly For WBA Title

Israil Madrimov expected to have more than one fight in 2023 and for his next one to be a mandatory title challenge. The latter will prove true, though even that part isn't as he previously envisioned. BoxingScene.com has confirmed that plans are in place for Uzbekistan's Madrimov to next face Russia's Magomed
    [Click Here To Read More]

If "undisputed" is to mean anything that status needs defending. Most of the time it's just an end point before the belts become fragmented again.

Comment

Every now and then I check up on Madrimov; he started his career with a bang but then kinda fell off the map in recent years.

Comment

I felt so bad after Soro/Kurbanov decision. If Matchroom gives an ounce of a damn about Madrimov, they will try their best to win the purse bid. Madrimov is NOT getting a decision in Russia.

Comment

Originally posted by anonymous2.0 View Post
          Every now and then I check up on Madrimov; he started his career with a bang but then kinda fell off the map in recent years.
          What in the hell is this fighters management team thinking about, fighting once a year is no way to remain sharp, and relevant in the sport of boxing.
          I think that he's a hell of a fighter, and enjoy watching him go to war in the ring, but he's letting his boxing career go to waste.

Comment

Fun fight, Kurbanov gets stopped after early fireworks

Comment

Originally posted by Boricua181 View Post

What in the hell is this fighters management team thinking about, fighting once a year is no way to remain sharp, and relevant in the sport of boxing.
              I think that he's a hell of a fighter, and enjoy watching him go to war in the ring, but he's letting his boxing career go to waste.
              Basically, they suck!

Boricua181 Boricua181 likes this.

Comment

Madrimov really had lots of momentum and then nothing because they couldn't get him fights or something. Terrible management.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                  Basically, they suck!
                  Exactly! That said the fighter has to take an active roll, on speaking up for himself, and the trajectory of his career!
                  If he doesn't well then he sucks also, and there is nothing more pathetic than a fighter who doesn't speak up for himself!

Comment

I like Madrimov by quite a bit here. Winning on an RCC card could be close to impossible so he's going to need the stoppage, which I think he gets. Also, Kurbanov has like a weird, almost mid-west style that doesn't seem to fully fit him. It's maybe not as bad as Madrimov's over-moving though.

Comment

Working...
                    X