Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mairis Briedis-Zurdo Ramirez: IBF Schedules Jan. 16 Purse Bid For Vacant Cruiserweight Title Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mairis Briedis-Zurdo Ramirez: IBF Schedules Jan. 16 Purse Bid For Vacant Cruiserweight Title Fight

Mairis Briedis and Gilberto 'Zurdo' Ramirez will soon learn their fate. BoxingScene.com has confirmed that the IBF has scheduled a January 16 purse bid hearing to determine promotional rights for the ordered vacant cruiserweight title fight. Briedis' team requested an immediate purse bid hearing in lieu of a
    [Click Here To Read More]

Golden boy will win it. Danm zurdo got a title shot already is crazy. Thought he'd have to fight jack
    GBP4LIFE GBP4LIFE likes this.

Comment

Going with Breidis, Zurdo cannot adjust as much as he can.
      landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

Zurdo will rehydrate to heavyweight
        Briedis will have Another tough fight but winnable one depending how slow Zurdo will be

Comment

Should be a good fight. I'm taking Briedis also.

Comment

Zurdo going to be fighting someone his own size for the first time in his career.
            Slowhand Slowhand likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post
              Zurdo will rehydrate to heavyweight
              Briedis will have Another tough fight but winnable one depending how slow Zurdo will be
              Zurdo (el turdo) gets any heavier and slower he will be moving backwards in every category except weight class.............. yea i dont like that guy.

Comment

Originally posted by 57Blues View Post

Zurdo (el turdo) gets any heavier and slower he will be moving backwards in every category except weight class.............. yea i dont like that guy.
                Another fictional character if you ask me

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                  Zurdo going to be fighting someone his own size for the first time in his career.
                  Not even Rexy
                  He’ll rehydrate to heavyweight

Comment

I understand titles mean something to the fighters and promoters. I get it is easier to promote a title fight and usually there are larger purse bids. But that Ramirez has been elevated to this position is a farce and would be funny if it was happening to a sport I did not like. A win against a non-cruiserweight fighter at a weight that is not a sanctioned cruiserweight level makes you a mandatory?

Briedis is a true vet and serious talent at this division so I hope he wins. But no matter what, it is just more kindling on the bonfire that used to be boxing's reputation. Which, historically, was "iffy" anyways, but at least the belts meant something.
                    pnut901 pnut901 likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X