Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Anthony Yarde Would Embrace Fighting Chris Billam-Smith, Says Manager

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Anthony Yarde Would Embrace Fighting Chris Billam-Smith, Says Manager

Light heavyweight contender Anthony Yarde would not rule out the scenario of moving up in weight to challenge WBO cruiserweight king Chris Billam-Smith. The jump in weight would be quite a leap - with a 25-pound move to a division limit of 200-pounds.
    [Click Here To Read More]

IF he can handle the jump in weight, I would fancy Yarde’s chances to dethrone Smith as he’s a much better fighter. After all, he gave both Kovalev + Beterbiev tough fights whilst nearly stopping Kovalev in the process.

In fact, in a division devoid of ELITE fighters like Bivol + Beterbiev, somebody with Yarde’s skillset would already be champion e.g. Joe Smith Jr. Therefore, his best bet is to move up to Cruiserweight which doesn’t have any ELITE fighters bar Opetaia.

Comment

Honestly, I like his chances at cruiserweight.
      Hitmon Hitmon likes this.

Comment

CBS UD all day long. Yarde needs to WIN some meaningful fights before he gets another shot. He just feasts on garbage opposition to pad his record and then falls short against the top level guys.

He’s in his 30’s now I believe and his only respectable win is Lyndon Arthur and even that took him two attempts.

It’s a shame because he’s a really talented kid, he should’ve ditched that clown Ajayi years back.
        tonysoprano tonysoprano likes this.

Comment

Who is Yarde to be rewarded with a title shot coming off a loss? How about you actually beat somebody good first?

Comment

I'd fancy that fight if I was CBS. Yarde is a more marketable opponent than most at cruiserweight and Yarde's been stopped twice by smaller albeit elite level opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
              Who is Yarde to be rewarded with a title shot coming off a loss? How about you actually beat somebody good first?
              I like his chances against CBS since he is a very mediocre level fighter and Yarde is decent with some pop but he keeps getting chances for some reason without any notable wins.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post

I like his chances against CBS since he is a very mediocre level fighter and Yarde is decent with some pop but he keeps getting chances for some reason without any notable wins.
                Is he even a draw in the UK?

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

Is he even a draw in the UK?
                  I don't think so, UK posters always over hype their fighters on here and hardly anyone ever even mentions him. He just showed up one day to fight Kovalev made a decent account of himself but lost and we've been stuck with him as this 175lb eras Issac Chilemba ever since.

Comment

There are no elites at cruiserweight. Just Opetaia is good, maybe even very good. I understand yarde˙s passion to move up. he can`t get the belts at 175 with Bivol and Beterbiev around.
                    landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X