Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: BoxingScene.com's 2023 Prospect of the Year: Ernesto 'Tito' Mercado

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: BoxingScene.com's 2023 Prospect of the Year: Ernesto 'Tito' Mercado

By Keith Idec - Ernesto "Tito" Mercado has taken an unconventional path toward building his 13-0 record. Mercado works without a major promoter, which has cost the 22-year-old knockout artist the type of exposure prospects typically receive during the developmental phase of their careers. The junior welterweight has instead performed off TV, on cards promoted by the company owned by his father and trainer, Nato, at LumColor Phoenix Center, a small venue in Ontario, California.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Eff Pandas Eff Pandas likes this.

I would have thought that Ben Whittaker would have at least recieved a nomination.

Comment

Originally posted by Mick Higgs View Post
      I would have thought that Ben Whittaker would have at least recieved a nomination.
      Does he actually deserve one? He's had injury problems, not beaten anybody worth mentioning and is playing up to the cameras more than impressing with his fists.
      ​​​​​​

Comment

Bit harsh calling the EBU title a 'lightly regarded title' on the description of Adam Azim!

The EBU title is a genuine belt with history and is a proper step towards world class opponents.

Comment

Niiiiiiiiice. I've been a fan for awhile now & been saying he's the best guy on the way up no one is talking about so cool to see him get some props here.

Comment

I thought Tank Davis was the prospect of the year?

Comment

Originally posted by Mick Higgs View Post
              For crushing cans?

Comment

Notice that all of these guys are at 135 or 140.

Those weight classes (and 147 when some of them eventually move up) have a good future.

Comment

"A lot of these guys are willing to win fights comfortably, but I want to go above and beyond and do more,” Mercado told BoxingScene.com in November. “If I had to compare my boxing and mentality in the ring, I kind of have the mindset of [the late] Edwin Valero a little bit, that wants to kill you in the ring and knock your head off. I’m old school. A lot of fighters just want to look pretty in the ring right now.”

That's the mentality that I like !

Comment

If the writers watched boxing globally. They'd know the best prospect is Sharabutdin Ataev (Russia), age 24, world championship gold medalist, and is 6-0 as a pro. Elite talent. He reminds me of Usyk

But of course they are always biased for American fighters and just ignore countries like Russia.
                    Last edited by Don_Jah; 01-03-2024, 10:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X