Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Otto Wallin: I Always Said Fury Would Beat Joshua, But Now I Feel a Little Bit Different

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Otto Wallin: I Always Said Fury Would Beat Joshua, But Now I Feel a Little Bit Different

Heavyweight contender Otto Wallin admits that he now has a different viewpoint when it comes to a potential fight between British rivals Anthony Joshua and WBC world champion Tyson Fury.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Dude really wants that sparring money with all the smoke hes blowing up A-side Joshy's ass cos he wont be getting paid to fight contenders anymore.

Comment

If we go by each of their last fights, AJ beats Fury and Wilder but then again that's not the determining factor.

Comment

To be fair to AJ hes shown good endurance to overcome his bad nights, first with ruiz & then with usyk, imagine if he became last man standing out of them all

Comment

Originally posted by Smash View Post
          To be fair to AJ hes shown good endurance to overcome his bad nights, first with ruiz & then with usyk, imagine if he became last man standing out of them all
          It can happen, he is the strongest one at the moment based on their last performances. He's also the only one who fought multiple times last year.
          Smash Smash likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Smash View Post
            As long as Fast Eddie keeps paying the alphabet orgs to rank AJ's opponents and keep him up there avoiding legit contenders while waiting for a paper championship to become available, there's every chance AJ could age out the current top tier crop or let them batter each other senseless so AJ can waltz in and score the easy win and be the last man standing.

We don't know if AJ his still got "it" , but where as Wilder and Parker wanted to prove they still have, AJ and Hearn just want people to assume he's "BACK" and putting the division on notice by smashing over his overawed sparring partner.

Until Joshua fights someone meaningful I'm putting him in the same box as Wilder was before Parker. The box with a big question mark on the lid.
            Smash Smash likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by juanpablo View Post

It can happen, he is the strongest one at the moment based on their last performances. He's also the only one who fought multiple times last year.
              Parker fought 4 times last year and beat the stronger opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by pollywog View Post

Parker fought 4 times last year and beat the stronger opponent.
                I love Parker, he doesn't get the credit other less accomplished fighters get but he can ruin anyone's night for sure.
                pollywog pollywog likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by juanpablo View Post

I love Parker, he doesn't get the credit other less accomplished fighters get but he can ruin anyone's night for sure.
                  Yep...he can absolutely ruin AJ's carefully manicured career in one night.

Fast Eddie knows this so will be bending over backwards convincing the Sauds to avoid it and let it marinate til AJ has a belt again.

Fücking Eddie and his marinating ruined AJ v Wilder!!!

Its easy to imagine him stalling and pleading for any excuse to age out or shop wear any potential AJ opponent that isn't a can a sparring partner or a stablemate willing to follow the script.

A-side Joshy needs protecting from himself just like Wilder did.

Comment

Originally posted by pollywog View Post

As long as Fast Eddie keeps paying the alphabet orgs to rank AJ's opponents and keep him up there avoiding legit contenders while waiting for a paper championship to become available, there's every chance AJ could age out the current top tier crop or let them batter each other senseless so AJ can waltz in and score the easy win and be the last man standing.

We don't know if AJ his still got "it" , but where as Wilder and Parker wanted to prove they still have, AJ and Hearn just want people to assume he's "BACK" and putting the division on notice by smashing over his overawed sparring partner.

Until Joshua fights someone meaningful I'm putting him in the same box as Wilder was before Parker. The box with a big question mark on the lid.
                    I like Parker but Joshua stayed active in 2023 much like Parker. Wallin already won an IBF eliminator for the #2 slot. Joshua just crushed him to take that spot from him. Parker just took Wilder’s #1 ranking in the WBC i would assume. Both had productive years. Yes the Wilder win is better but Joshua’s win over Wallin was also a good one. Are you from NZLD? You seem to love Parker. Going into Dec 23. Joshua was the WBC #2, WBA #2, IBF #3 & WBO #1 (Zhang interim Champion). Parker was WBC #8, WBA #4, IBF #4 & WBO #3. I would assume Parker jumps up to the WBC #1 after beating Wilder. He was the #1 but is unranked by the IBF & WBA. He was the WBO #9. Parker & Joshua are both going to be in line for vacant belts after Fury/Usyk. They may just meet again at some point just probably not in 2024.
                    Last edited by joe strong; 01-02-2024, 08:18 PM.
                    pollywog pollywog likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X