Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Froch: Fury Seems Under-Motivated, Was Confused in Ngannou Fight, I Think Usyk Wins

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Froch: Fury Seems Under-Motivated, Was Confused in Ngannou Fight, I Think Usyk Wins

Former super middleweight champion Carl Froch had initially pegged Tyson Fury to overcome Oleksandr Usyk in their upcoming undisputed heavyweight showdown.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Froch's "analysis" is always so superficial. Never anything about boxing technique, always comments like "he needs to get his head right". He was saying Wilder would chin Joshua in one recently, now he's saying Wilder should retire.

Comment

Any decent B level HW will look great vs Wilder, a physically weak one-trick pony without basic boxing skills. Therefore, to me the Wilder wins didn't proove anything about how good Greedy Belly is. Francis Ngannou and Parker put those wins in the right perspective, good wins but not something extraordinary IMO. The upcoming undisputed bout vs Usyk will be the first real challenge Greedy Belly is going to face in his entire career. If a cruiserweight Cunningham could knock him down Usyk can certainly knock him down or even knock him out. Greedy Belly and Wilder are the most overrated boxers of this era IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxviewer View Post
        Any decent B level HW will look great vs Wilder, a physically weak one-trick pony without basic boxing skills. Therefore, to me the Wilder wins didn't proove anything about how good Greedy Belly is. Francis Ngannou and Parker put those wins in the right perspective, good wins but not something extraordinary IMO. The upcoming undisputed bout vs Usyk will be the first real challenge Greedy Belly is going to face in his entire career. If a cruiserweight Cunningham could knock him down Usyk can certainly knock him down or even knock him out. Greedy Belly and Wilder are the most overrated boxers of this era IMO.
        So if Fury actually does win that proved that Usyk is worthless ****e, correct?

Comment

Originally posted by dan-b View Post
          Froch's "analysis" is always so superficial. Never anything about boxing technique, always comments like "he needs to get his head right". He was saying Wilder would chin Joshua in one recently, now he's saying Wilder should retire.
          Great observation. He's really inconsequential when it comes analysis and prediction, all he says come from gut feeling and or favouritism.
          BoxOfficer BoxOfficer dan-b dan-b like this.

Comment

You'd think a blind man could see that Fury is one of those types who fight to the level of their competition by now. Besides Wilder 1 & 3, his toughest fights were vs guys he was like a -2000 favorite over or some wide odds like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Atypicalbrit View Post

Usyk has already proved his greatness as a boxer throughout his cruiserweight campaign and reign. So, if Greedy Belly beats him it will validate the praise his fanboys have been singing him and I will join them.
              BoxOfficer BoxOfficer likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Atypicalbrit View Post

Usyk is gonna be 84yrs old & washed the Sunday after Fury beats him. Fury has pissed off so many folks over the years I think ppl are overly invested in not giving him credit/taking away any credit they can from him.

Comment

This is one of those posts that are saying that Fury is overrated, but if Usyk beats him it proves how great Usyk is. This contradiction is so typical for the knowledge and objectivity of Usyk's fangirls and Fury haters who underrate every one of his opponents.

Wilder - one-trick pony, indeed, but this one trick is a danger for everybody. A hard punch has always been and will always be.

Always about the knockdowns... A knockdown is nothing more than what it is when it doesn't bring you a victory. And Fury is a man capable of taking very hard punches and continuing, so a feather-fisted Usyk isn't the man who is going to hurt him. He must outbox him, but protect his glass belly because another act of a low blow will not work.

To the topic: for once, Froch isn't spitting on Fury, but is close to the objective: Fury didn't take the Ngannou fight seriously and seems he didn't take the sport seriously in 2023. This will not work for him against Usyk.​

Usyk has already proved his greatness as a boxer throughout his cruiserweight campaign and reign. So, if Greedy Belly beats him it will validate the praise his fanboys have been singing him and I will join them.
                  Greatness in 16 fights (for the cruiser career)? His greatness is as an amateur. 21 professional fights with two very questionable victories aren't enough for greatness.

We can have this arguing over and over. I believe that they will be both properly evaluated in time.
                  Smash Smash likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by fifth_root View Post

This is one of those posts that are saying that Fury is overrated, but if Usyk beats him it proves how great Usyk is. This contradiction is so typical for the knowledge and objectivity of Usyk's fangirls and Fury haters who underrate every one of his opponents.

Wilder - one-trick pony, indeed, but this one trick is a danger for everybody. A hard punch has always been and will always be.

Always about the knockdowns... A knockdown is nothing more than what it is when it doesn't bring you a victory. And Fury is a man capable of taking very hard punches and continuing, so a feather-fisted Usyk isn't the man who is going to hurt him. He must outbox him, but protect his glass belly because another act of a low blow will not work.

To the topic: for once, Froch isn't spitting on Fury, but is close to the objective: Fury didn't take the Ngannou fight seriously and seems he didn't take the sport seriously in 2023. This will not work for him against Usyk.​

Greatness in 16 fights (for the cruiser career)? His greatness is as an amateur. 21 professional fights with two very questionable victories aren't enough for greatness.

We can have this arguing over and over. I believe that they will be both properly evaluated in time.
                    Great post.

For me Fury and Usyk both have a lot of work to do.

Fury is in that Riddick Bowe category where its obvious that his ceiling is very high if he's "on", but the discipline and consistency just isn't there. Wlad win came at the end of wlads career and there are questions over how good Wilder ever was.

Additionally fury has had 3 or 4 very sketchy performances that must be taken into account when grading his career.

Usyk, his best wins are Bredis and AJ, since he's left cruiserweight for a couple of years Jai Opetaia has arrived and is already better than anyone Usyk ever beat at cruiser. Gassiev was touted as a great Usyk win for years yet he's proven to be absoloutley useless.

As for AJ, Usyk beat him twice during the process of him rebuilding his confidence from the Ruiz disaster. I'm convinced AJ was a better fighter prior to Ruiz, and we are seeing signs that perhaps he will be a better fighter in the future. Usyk got him at his lowest point and in the second fight AJ had a trainer who clearly didn't give an eff and was just there for the money. Context. Good wins yes, "great wins" no.

Basically both Fury and Usyk have a lot of question marks over them yet I see this narrative that "Usyk has proven his greatness" and Fury hasn't done anything? Huh?

They are pretty equal in accomplishment, whoever beats the other will go down as the best of this era, or we'll tbh maybe even not as it's possible one wins then gets knocked over in their next fight by someone unexpected etc.

We just don't know yet.
                    Last edited by Atypicalbrit; 12-29-2023, 06:05 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X