Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Inoue On Tapales Win: It Was One Of The Most Intense Fights I've Ever Had

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Inoue On Tapales Win: It Was One Of The Most Intense Fights I've Ever Had

This win might stand out among most of the rest in Naoya Inoue's already storied career. The effort put forth by Marlon Tapales exceeded the name value he brought to his undisputed junior featherweight championship. Yokohama's Inoue eventually found a way to punch a hole through the wall, as he scored two
    [Click Here To Read More]

Tapales new he couldn't keep taking anymore big shots, that was enough. he fought ten times better than fulton, I think he would beat fulton easily.

Comment

The Filipinos keep touting cashimero but they had a better fighter to cheer for all along. That 5th round was fireworks and now we see his victory over MJ was no fluke.

If Inoue hadn't come along Tapales would probably be the first Pinoy undisputed champion.

Comment

Tapales fought a really good fight from a strategic standpoint, the gap in talent is what made the difference. He defended as well as he could, carefully places his shots when he could, mixed intelligent pressure with mobility at times just wasn't enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
          Tapales fought a really good fight from a strategic standpoint, the gap in talent is what made the difference. He defended as well as he could, carefully places his shots when he could, mixed intelligent pressure with mobility at times just wasn't enough.
          Well said. Wilder can learn so much from this fight, how to make mid match adjustments

Comment

Both should hold they're head's high, Inoue is something special & should be earning that Saudi money & not heavyweight hypejob's fighting cans.

Comment

Originally posted by jackblack008 View Post

Well said. Wilder can learn so much from this fight, how to make mid match adjustments
              If he hasn't learned by now, he's not going to.
              zalous zalous likes this.

Comment

I didn't get to see the fight live because I woke up at 8am ET. Didn't even intend to. Watched the full fight on YT and saw Tapales walking down Inoue in most of the rounds. You could tell Inoue didn't like it and kept pushing Tapales to maintain his distance. Yeah, I was surprised Marlon lasted that long. He definitely did better than Naoya's previous opponents.
                trippleupper trippleupper likes this.

Comment

Honest answer from a humble fighter.
                  Some like others like Antonio Tarver try to diminish his accomplishments in the P4P conversation, like some did and do for Terence Crawford.
                  But, these guys just keep making cases for their legacies and history that puts them heads over heels then the current croup of known fighters in any one of the divisions.
                  zalous zalous likes this.

Comment

The last right hand was partly blocked and Inoue still sparked Tapales!Very effen impressed
                    landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X