Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Naoya Inoue Next Fight Targeted For May, Likely WBC Mandatory Defense Versus Luis Nery

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Naoya Inoue Next Fight Targeted For May, Likely WBC Mandatory Defense Versus Luis Nery

The victory lap will be brief. Naoya Inoue has already begun plans for his next fight, a conversation that already took place in the background ahead of his latest fight. The four-division champion became a freshly crowned undisputed king after a tenth-round knockout of WBA/IBF titlist Marlon Tapales to fully unify the 122-pound division. Inoue held the WBC and WBO belts headed into the Lemino/ESPN+ main event from Ariake Arena in Tokyo.
    [Click Here To Read More]

It's good that he intends to stay in the division a while. Some good defences to be made.
    pnut901 pnut901 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by dan-b View Post
      It's good that he intends to stay in the division a while. Some good defences to be made.
      Agree, I'd like to see Inoue-Figueroa at 126 though

Comment

Luis Nery has a history with Japan. Would be a good match
        landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

It will be cool to see an undisputed, unified champion defend the belts. Rather than drop them all and move up in weight.

Luis Nery is a tougher opponent than Tapales in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
            It will be cool to see an undisputed, unified champion defend the belts. Rather than drop them all and move up in weight.

Agreed

Comment

Why not Bam Rodriguez vs Inoue from 3 weight classes lighter? Both are #1, both hold mutliple belts. That would be a good fight to you right? Like Canelo-Crawford?

Or do you only find that kind of thing passable for Canelo like you do when you label him "likely clean" and others "assuredly on PEDs"?

Comment

I thought about posting this as a "What-If" fight in the NSB..

Would absolutely LOVE to see it take place. I think it would be like Nonito vs Inoue 1
                landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by juanpablo View Post

Agree, I'd like to see Inoue-Figueroa at 126 though
                  inoue is all wrong for figueroa. total mismatch.

Comment

I don't think Nery has the chin that Tapales has TBH. But I'm looking forward to revenge for Yamanaka.

Plus, it means it would be in the States, so maybe I'll go.

Comment

Working...
                    X