Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Naoya Inoue Twice Drops Marlon Tapales, Knocks Him Out In 10th In Historic Undisputed Championship Win In Tokyo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Naoya Inoue Twice Drops Marlon Tapales, Knocks Him Out In 10th In Historic Undisputed Championship Win In Tokyo

Naoya Inoue has created history. Again. The four-division titlist and high-ranking pound-for-pound earned his second undisputed championship in just more than a year after an eleventh-round knockout of the Philippines' Marlon Tapales. Inoue scored two knockdowns, the latter which produced the full ten count at 1:02 of round ten to fully unify the WBC, WBA, IBF and WBO junior featherweight titles Tuesday evening at Ariake Arena in Tokyo, Japan.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 12-26-2023, 10:56 AM.
    KOVALEVKO Inoue Body Shot likes this.

Top Rank Boxing on ESPN: Inoue vs. Tapales will be presented live on Tuesday, December 26, at a special early morning start time, 3 a.m. ET/12 a.m. PT, exclusively in the U.S. on ESPN+. This historic event takes place at Ariake Arena in Tokyo, Japan.

In the main event, WBC/WBO world champion Naoya “Monster” Inoue and WBA/IBF king Marlon Tapales collide in a showdown for the undisputed junior featherweight championship. Inoue is attempting to become only the second man — following Terence Crawford — to become a two-weight undisputed champion in the four-belt era.

Comment

The Japanese star is expected to easily win again. It's anticipated that Tapales won't last beyond the first round against Inoue. Boring fight

Comment

There are total of 7 matches planned for including undercard, and Inoue is obviously the last match.
        The first match is scheduled to start on 1500 Japan time (+9) per Lemino.

For reference, Butler match had 6 matches, and first match started in 1500 as well and Inoue-Butler was at 1940. Fulton match had 9 matches, and after the entrance and movies and such, main match actually started on 2110.

Given that, I would be confident to bet that the main match at the absolute earliest will start definitely after 1900 Japan time but likely closer to 2000.

Comment

LFG !!!!!!!! , Japanese start times and weekday fights suck but don't have to work on Tue so will be tuned in live ... WAR the Monster

Comment

Main event probably starts around 6 am ET...

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Mouzone View Post
              WAR the Monster
              there is no WAR you weirdo
              this is a slaughter on a platter lmfao

Comment

I love The Monster, but the only reason I am even awake right now is because the wife and I just shoed away the last holiday guest. Part of me wants to just say eff it and stay awake, but my body and brain are trying to give me the KO.

Brutal start time.

Comment

Inoue is going to kamikaze that baka.

Comment

I see they're wasting no time and getting right into it. Lord give me strength to stay awake for the main event lol.

Comment

Working...
                    X