Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lennox Lewis on Joshua's TKO of Wallin: I Couldn't Really Judge With This Fight if He's Back or Not

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Lennox Lewis on Joshua's TKO of Wallin: I Couldn't Really Judge With This Fight if He's Back or Not

Former two-time heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua had a big 2023. After suffering back to back defeats at the hands of Oleksandr Usyk, Joshua came back to rack up three victories this year. It marked the first time since 2016 where Joshua had three fights in a single year.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Fair words. Good performance by AJ, but overhyped by his fans.
    slimPickings slimPickings likes this.

Comment

Just put him in the Froch club .
      P4Pdunny P4Pdunny likes this.

Comment

The old Josh when he saw you was in trouble and smelled blood, the end would be near for you. These 1 punch ko s out of blue dont show us if the killer instinct is there. But Josh is boxing nicely though

Comment

Fight with Zhilei Zhang? What's in that fight for Joshua? Lennox doesn't seem like this guy. His three options should be Fury, Hrgovic or Usyk and may be...

Comment

Originally posted by Oshio View Post
            Fight with Zhilei Zhang? What's in that fight for Joshua? Lennox doesn't seem like this guy. His three options should be Fury, Hrgovic or Usyk and may be...
            Zhang is a good fight which will earn Josh respect to the point people might stop going on about loss to Ruiz.
            Fury and flip too. But usyk must be maybe one day type thing Josh had 2 goes already and fell short

Comment

I agree with Lennox, Joshua has sparred 100s of rounds with Wallin, beat him twice as an amatuer and Richie woodhall has said openly he handled Wallin with such ease he had to hold back in said sparring.

And not only that Wallin looked softer than usual as Lennox said and my god was he overshooting the backhand and falling over the front foot.

So it really is hard to judge if he's reignited the alleged fire in himself or he's just got confidence in "better the devil you know" and all that.

Comment

I do feel Lennox has history w/ Joshua but he is right. Joshua has to be in a fire-fight that will be inevitable with likes of Fury, Zhang, etc. Without facing a single instance of adversity and not having a heavy hitter in there - it's hard to judge. It didn't feel Wallin turned-up or was the same fighter that fought Fury.

That said he looks much more fluid and natural in his movement. It felt that Derrick James is triggering his 'over-thinking' weakness rather than building 'around' Joshua's existing strengths and style. I believe if Joshua swallowed his ego and stayed with Robert Garcia he would have been really formidable as Garcia had him fighting like a lightweight - despite Joshua post fight mental breakdown in Usyk 2nd fight - he fought incredibly well matching Usyk for speed in a lot of the fight.

I think there is chemistry with Ben Davison and maybe with James being busy in re-building Spence, Charlo etc - it might be better Joshua stays with Davison.

Comment

Lewis and Joshua don't like each other, if you couldn't tell.
                  sege64 sege64 likes this.

Comment

Lennox is not a fan of Joshua so it’s not surprising that he wasn’t impressed… Joshua could be undisputed champion and he still won’t be impressed, not that anyone cares, especially Joshua.
                    BoxOfficer BoxOfficer likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X