Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Naoya Inoue, Marlon Tapales - Set For Undisputed Showdown

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Naoya Inoue, Marlon Tapales - Set For Undisputed Showdown

Inoue, Tapales Weights Photos Gallery - Top Rank Boxing on ESPN: Inoue vs. Tapales will be presented live on Tuesday, December 26, at a special early morning start time, 3 a.m. ET/12 a.m. PT, exclusively in the U.S. on ESPN+. This historic event takes place at Ariake Arena in Tokyo, Japan. (photos by Wendell Alinea)
    [Click Here To Read More]

20-0 with 18 knockouts in world title fights" and going for his second undisputed within a year. If you don't think that Inoue should be at least 1 or 2 P4P, you need to reassess your boxing perspective. If he wins tomorrow, he's a lock for the #1 spot and Fighter of the Year IMO.

Comment

Looks like both in excellent shape... Should be a great fight....

Comment

Originally posted by juanpablo View Post
        20-0 with 18 knockouts in world title fights" and going for his second undisputed within a year. If you don't think that Inoue should be at least 1 or 2 P4P, you need to reassess your boxing perspective. If he wins tomorrow, he's a lock for the #1 spot and Fighter of the Year IMO.
        You think beating Tapales makes him #1 P4P?

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

Inoue, Usyk, and Crawford all have a reasonable case. So do Bivol and Beterbiev. Remember how fortunate fans are that this is debatable. A couple years from now, I suspect this will be settled among all but the thickest.

Comment

Originally posted by CarlW View Post

Inoue, Usyk, and Crawford all have a reasonable case. So do Bivol and Beterbiev. Remember how fortunate fans are that this is debatable. A couple years from now, I suspect this will be settled among all but the thickest.
            I’m asking though…does beating Tapales make Inoue #1 P4P?

Comment

I believe I already answered this on a previous thread. P4P lists are a matter of opinion, IMO, 20-0 (18KOs) in title fights and going for his second undisputed within a year makes him #1 P4P. It's not just a win over Tapales.

Comment

Originally posted by juanpablo View Post

I believe I already answered this on a previous thread. P4P lists are a matter of opinion, IMO, 20-0 (18KOs) in title fights and going for his second undisputed within a year makes him #1 P4P. It's not just a win over Tapales.
                That’s exactly what it is, though.

Crawford and Inoue are typically ranked 1A and 1B after they beat Spence and Fulton. So you’re saying that beating Tapales is what is going to separate Inoue and put him over the top.

Comment

Yes. This will be his the second fight this year against another Champion for undisputed in a second weight class. Crawford is just as good, but is inactive in comparison. I think P4P is so close between them, that even if you give Crawford #1, you have to give Inoue the fighter of the year. Coming off two big wins this year, if he wins. Compared to one.

Comment

Originally posted by mev1 View Post

Yes. This will be his the second fight this year against another Champion for undisputed in a second weight class. Crawford is just as good, but is inactive in comparison. I think P4P is so close between them, that even if you give Crawford #1, you have to give Inoue the fighter of the year. Coming off two big wins this year, if he wins. Compared to one.
                    What about Devin Haney for Fighter of the Year, though? He has two big wins this year also.

Would Fulton/Tapales be better than Lomachenko/Prograis?

Comment

Working...
                    X