Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder's Trainer Praises Parker: They Had a Hell of a Game Plan, We Had an Awful Night

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Wilder's Trainer Praises Parker: They Had a Hell of a Game Plan, We Had an Awful Night

Malik Scott, head trainer for former WBC heavyweight champion Deontay Wilder, gave high praise to Joseph Parker for his big win on Saturday in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Malik Scott has made Wilder ineffective. Wilder can't box and has never been able to. He wins by fighting on pure instinct and heart. By trying to domesticate him, he lost his best attributes.

Comment

Parker deserves a credit here. Wilder didn`t really pull the trigger, because Parker closed the distance and never gave him a chance.

I believe Wilder can still KO cans like Helenius easily.

Comment

Fight jarrel Miller next. He don't move head. That's a lovely tough chin.on your resume wilder and will give credence to the idea you punch hard.
        No point in just beating cans. But beating cans with tough chins is the order of the day........jarrel miller.
        Last edited by hugh grant; 12-25-2023, 05:35 AM.
        Legends456 Legends456 eco1 eco1 like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Phatfarm1980 View Post
          Malik Scott has made Wilder ineffective. Wilder can't box and has never been able to. He wins by fighting on pure instinct and heart. By trying to domesticate him, he lost his best attributes.
          Malik Scott has turned Deontay Wilder into Malik Scott.

Comment

Referring to Malik Scott as a trainer is an insult to real trainers everywhere.

Comment

When I saw the weigh-in photos I said it looked like Wilder had fallen victim to something Marvin Hagler touched on when he said that it's hard to get up out of silk sheets at 5 a.m. to do roadwork. I'm pretty sure that's what happened to him, unless age came on him over the last couple of years. That fighter sure didn't resemble the Wilder I've been watching over the last decade. Not even close. Credit should be given to Parker, but if Wilder can't reboot and work like a top-tier fighter, he definitely should not be in the ring. Sorry, Deontay, I've really enjoyed your work prior to this fight, thanks, but I'm old and I watched what happened to Ali. Don't want to see it again. I was very surprised to see you in the ring like that, especially as you've touched on the subject of risk in the ring many times in the past.
              landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

I saw 3 things parker did.

1. Never gave Wilder the shortchopping right he dropped Ortiz2, Fury3, and Splika with.
                2. He used the ropes effectively. When Wilder tried to extend on the right, he leaned left or right and used the slack of the ropes to ride the punch
                3. Windmill. Never seen someone windmilling on Wilder. That had to be confusing for Wilder's corner.

Yeah, fight Gerald Miller. Joyce for a big fight. Either he catches Joyce like Zhang and that puts him right back in the 3-4 or he has a career-ending beatdown.

As I said he won't do anything other than talk about AJ in 2024.

Comment

Wilder does not fight well off the back foot or on the inside. Parker fought a great fight. He took chances at the right times. When he did he hurt Wilder.

Comment

It's not about the game plan. It's about what Parker was presented with, which any fighter in that situation would do or take advantage of, if you will. Wilder was supposed to chase the small guy, not the other way around.

Comment

Working...
                    X