Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: Anthony [Joshua] Put In a Performance That Put The Heavyweight Division On Notice

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hearn: Anthony [Joshua] Put In a Performance That Put The Heavyweight Division On Notice

Chances are that a backup plan will soon surface if it's not already in place for Anthony Joshua. Eddie Hearn, Joshua's career-long promoter, didn't seem terribly bothered about the lucrative first option that went up in flames. A March 9 super fight was in play versus Deontay Wilder, who failed to hold up his end as he was nearly shut out by New Zealand's Joseph Parker in Saturday's 'Day of Reckoning' co-main event in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Joshua looked the best I’ve seen him for years. I do wonder about if he was perhaps on something because he was throwing powerful hits and simply seemed like he was not tired at all

But it’s as I’ve said before, Joshua toyed with partner and easily won whilst wilder was outboxed silly

I can’t believe they tricked wilder in refusing 100m to fight Joshua, it’s gone that money now

would love to see Joshua be fury, actually think it’s a proper 50-50 fight and even against usyk again

Comment

His opponent did nothing but throw weak jabs. I don’t recall walking throwing anything meaningful in terms of hooks or crosses. And frankly I’m getting tired of seeing boxers show up with no intention of winning, it’s really harming the sport. This is what it looks like when boxers are overpaid I suppose
      Wacked_Out Wacked_Out likes this.

Comment

AJ busted up his out of shape sparring partner. That puts no one on notice except Fast Eddie who hast to find a way for Joshua to avoid Parker now.

Parker took out the most feared man in the division up until yesterday and didnt take a back step and didnt blink an eye.

Parker put the division on notice that at 31 he's the new Boogeyman! He also delivered 2 choice wins for the Saudi paymasters in Riyadh. He's a humble dude who's earnt the money and respect.

If AJ wants to humble himself and prove he's spesh then sign up to fight Parker on the Usyk/Fury undercard and tell Fast Eddie to fück himself.

Put up or shut up!
        fifth_root fifth_root likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by pollywog View Post
          AJ busted up his out of shape sparring partner. That puts no one on notice except Fast Eddie who hast to find a way for Joshua to avoid Parker now.

Parker took out the most feared man in the division up until yesterday and didnt take a back step and didnt blink an eye.

Parker put the division on notice that at 31 he's the new Boogeyman! He also delivered 2 choice wins for the Saudi paymasters in Riyadh. He's a humble dude who's earnt the money and respect.

If AJ wants to humble himself and prove he's spesh then sign up to fight Parker on the Usyk/Fury undercard and tell Fast Eddie to fück himself.

Put up or shut up!
          Okay, but AJ has already beat Parker, and we don’t really know how much of that was a regenerated Parker, versus an old, damaged, and inactive Wilder. Could we not agree that Hrgovic is a better opponent than Parker?
          Last edited by Southpaw16; 12-24-2023, 05:51 PM.

Comment

Come on.

AJ looked good against a fringe opponent at best.

Comment

Originally posted by pollywog View Post

Put up or shut up!
              Question
              Did you recently just start watching Boxing?
              Why would AJ have to humble himself & sign to fight Joseph Parker again?
              Lol
              AJ already beat Joseph Parker

Comment

Originally posted by lfc19titles View Post
                Joshua looked the best I’ve seen him for years. I do wonder about if he was perhaps on something because he was throwing powerful hits and simply seemed like he was not tired at all

But it’s as I’ve said before, Joshua toyed with partner and easily won whilst wilder was outboxed silly

I can’t believe they tricked wilder in refusing 100m to fight Joshua, it’s gone that money now

would love to see Joshua be fury, actually think it’s a proper 50-50 fight and even against usyk again
                I got the vibe Wilder just showed up for his check and didn't give a **** about the outcome of that fight. He looked so checked out.

I assume and hope that's his last fight.

Comment

He beat up top 10 guy easily. This Wallin is top 5 Fury`s win.

Joshua has many better wins, for a start, Klitschko, Whyte, Pulev, Povetkin, Ruiz, Parker are all better wins. Just anpher day in the office, great job AJ.

I was never his fan, but he is getting my respect.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpaw16 View Post

Okay, but AJ has already beat Parker, and we don’t really know how much of that was a regenerated Parker, versus an old, damaged, and inactive Wilder. Could we not agree that Hrgovic is a better opponent than Parker?
                    Yeah nah...Parker would beat Hrgovic but if its about chasing a belt rather than proving yourself against the best then Hrgy is the better opponent.

If the Sauds want to see who the best is and are prepared to stump up with little for the promoters to do - cos manipulating rankings and paying grifting fees to the orgs aint the working model anymore - then thats what we'll see.

AJ aint gonna turn down a Saudi payday to fight Hrgy for a worthless strap in a UK hall cos Eddie cant fill stadiums for him anymore.

Fast Eddie and Fisheyes are pretty much towel and lube guys for the Sauds and fluffers for their pet charges.

Comment

Working...
                    X