Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sunny Edwards: I've Had More Positive Comments Losing Than From Winning All My Boring Fights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Sunny Edwards: I've Had More Positive Comments Losing Than From Winning All My Boring Fights

Sunny Edwards couldn't help but notice the irony. The dextrous British flyweight has never received more support in his career than in the aftermath of his first career loss to Jesse "Bam" Rodriguez last weekend in Arizona.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Great job Sunny.

Continue to duke it out and hopefully make enough dough to look after yourself and your family in the boxing sphere.
    Smash Smash likes this.

Comment

Don’t worry about the comments, focus on getting better at your craft, you could be undefeated and fought everyone everywhere all the time and still get critics. It’s part of it, back to the gym and tunnel vision
      Smash Smash likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Robi13 View Post
        Don’t worry about the comments, focus on getting better at your craft, you could be undefeated and fought everyone everywhere all the time and still get critics. It’s part of it, back to the gym and tunnel vision
        So true. Inoue still has tons of critics despite never taking an easy fight in his whole career and never ducking anyone. Usyk has tons of critics despite winning every title on the road. Haters gonna hate.
        Smash Smash likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by crimsonfalcon07 View Post

So true. Inoue still has tons of critics despite never taking an easy fight in his whole career and never ducking anyone. Usyk has tons of critics despite winning every title on the road. Haters gonna hate.
          Usyk can become undisputed at heavyweight coming from being undisputed at cruiser and still will have some people not appreciate his greatness… there’s always going to be the “next” guy. To steal a line from the great Leon Edwards in the post fight in ring interview after he dethroned the other great Kamaru Usman…

“p4p what, their is no pound for pound, the belt belongs to nobody”

one of the greatest post fight interview in combat sports I’ve seen .. ever

Comment

Sunny didn't run and stink out the place, like some I could name. Bravo, but he still has to face the facts. He can't keep doing it like that. He can go back to the hometown ennui, but he's prey on the road.

Comment

Fighters like Jesse bring excitement into the ring they don’t just come to win they come to fight

Comment

He battled through the broken orbital against a potentially generational talent and threw some real leather in there with him when he couldn't crack an egg with two claws hammer in either hand.

You've gotta respect his attempt he didn't capitulate as easily as some do, despite the fact he did eventually quit at least he tried to fight through unlike the Rigondeaux,BJS and the likes of the world.

Comment

Boxing is a weird sport. Fans are mean and opinionated and really wanna see your downfall. A good asswhipping delights the fans. and most don't know sh..it about boxing, like Roger Mayweather said. I've sat at live events that I paid $750.00 cash for a seat, and there'll be some white dude with a Rolex on with his with his friends all drunk and rowdy, asking me who the fighters are. They literally know nothing about boxing, And they all got their tickets free from their company. Fans ain't sh..t lol

Comment

Originally posted by archiemoore1 View Post
                    Boxing is a weird sport. Fans are mean and opinionated and really wanna see your downfall. A good asswhipping delights the fans. and most don't know sh..it about boxing, like Roger Mayweather said. I've sat at live events that I paid $750.00 cash for a seat, and there'll be some white dude with a Rolex on with his with his friends all drunk and rowdy, asking me who the fighters are. They literally know nothing about boxing, And they all got their tickets free from their company. Fans ain't sh..t lol
                    Those aren't fans. They're marks. We need to use correct terminology.

Fans appreciate when fighters go out on their shield. Wilder, for example, did that against Fury twice. HE didn't do that against Parker, for some unknown reason.

DuBWAH and even Big Baby Miller probably earned way more fans than Wilder originally had left. Because both DuBWAH and Miller went for it even though Miller was just a punching bag.

Comment

Working...
                    X