Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sunny Edwards Reflects on Future: 'Just Put Me Straight Back in The Deep End'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Sunny Edwards Reflects on Future: 'Just Put Me Straight Back in The Deep End'

Sunny Edwards apparently isn't too interested in tune-up fights after experiencing the first loss of his career. The London native fell short of his goal to unify the IBF and WBO flyweight titles against Jesse "Bam" Rodriguez last Saturday night, after Rodriguez stopped him in the ninth round at Desert Diamond Arena in Glendale, Arizona.
    [Click Here To Read More]

well said, spoken like a true champion.

Comment

I wouldn't mind seeing him against Martinez still tbh. Martinez is a big puncher but alot more limited than bam and style wise is a better match up for sunny imo plus you got the storyline of Martinez knocking out his brother (even tho It was a NC because he hit him why he was on the ground) but still not a bad fight
      Last edited by Boxing2695; 12-21-2023, 09:22 AM.

Comment

To cash them deep checks hey sunny? You ain’t slick, weren’t against Bam and aren’t now with this… get back in line and earn it

Comment

Good of him to not be depressed, sitting in sorrow. It’s hard not to do that in pro boxing i’m sure, especially as an undefeated champion who just got wiped out. It seems like boxers have a lot of things to deal with after a loss. Media, fans, people turning their backs on you. With that attitude, he can become a champion again.
          tokon tokon likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            Good of him to not be depressed, sitting in sorrow. It’s hard not to do that in pro boxing i’m sure, especially as an undefeated champion who just got wiped out. It seems like boxers have a lot of things to deal with after a loss. Media, fans, people turning their backs on you. With that attitude, he can become a champion again.
            He really fought like a warrior and proved his grit. People thought he was going to just run the whole fight which didn't happen, even trading punches with the more powerful Bam. He wants to fight top fighters and at least he won't be facing a top PFP 10 fighter like Bam so he can still continue with his career. Since the fight did not break him mentally, that means he can learn from it.
            tokon tokon likes this.

Comment

Really gained a lot of respect for Sunny not just during but especially after the fight in how he's handled himself. He makes no excuses and has even poked fun at himself on social media. I, as many others expected him to peddle all night and pick pot shots where Bam gave him openings but he obviously didn't do that. I'll definitely be following his career and wish him well.
              tokon tokon likes this.

Comment

As long as he doesn't get hit in the eyes in the early rounds he should be fine
                Boxfan83 WarVeteranO01 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing2695 View Post
                  I wouldn't mind seeing him against Martinez still tbh. Martinez is a big puncher but alot more limited than bam and style wise is a better match up for sunny imo plus you got the storyline of Martinez knocking out his brother (even tho It was a NC because he hit him why he was on the ground) but still not a bad fight
                  Sunny tried everything to get Martinez to sign to no avail (even said he'd fight in Mexico) . Maybe after seeing the Bam fight + the eye injury he may just go for it now. "I hope so"!!....

Comment

Zero power = zero chance at Undisputed.

Comment

Working...
                    X