Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jose Benavidez Sr. On David Morrell: "I Think He Should Fight a Caleb Plant, Anthony Dirrell"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jose Benavidez Sr. On David Morrell: "I Think He Should Fight a Caleb Plant, Anthony Dirrell"

All of this talk of David Benavidez being some unbeatable fighter is spurious according to David Morrell. Sure Benavidez is good, but the best 168-pounder on the planet? Morrell will curse out anyone who believes that claim is even remotely true.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Anybody but his son.
    Hasn't Canelo been saying similar to his son?

Comment

Snr said they'll fight him right now; make the fight.

Comment

David Morrell is clearly a very good fighter. The fact that he doesn't have a lot of pro fights, doesn't matter. He's one of those guys that.will move up very fast, like Lomachenko did. Morrell is ready for anybody right now, and he really wants the Benavidez fight. Benavidez always needs a willing dance partner, so let's make this happen asap. No sense in marinating anything. They're both tall, rangy, fast, agile, skilled, punch hard, and very confident and aggressive. That will be an all time great match up between two undefeated guys in their prime, both named David. Explosive fight!!!
        Last edited by archiemoore1; 12-20-2023, 09:08 AM.

Comment

Canelo is not gonna fight Benavidez, so who else does Benavidez have to fight, Charlo? Charlo is not calling him out, Morrell is. This sounds like a duck from Benavidez Sr.

Comment

Originally posted by archiemoore1 View Post
            David Morrell is clearly a very good fighter. The fact that he doesn't have a lot of pro fights, doesn't matter. He's one of those guys that.will move up very fast, like Lomachenko did. Morrell is ready for anybody right now, and he really wants the Benavidez fight. Benavidez always needs a willing dance partner, so let's make this happen asap. No sense in marinating anything. They're both tall, rangy, fast, agile, skilled, punch hard, and very confident and aggressive. That will be an all time great match up between two undefeated guys in their prime, both named David. Explosive fight!!!
            We’ve seen a lot more of Benavidez than Morrell. Benny is proven, David is not. I think Morrell is the goods, but none of us can know for sure until he fights top guys. It’s real easy to look good against inferior opposition.

Comment

Yes, but would Plant fight Morrell? Why would he sign up for that and get a terrible beating?

Morrell is ready, whether he ever gets a fight with Canelo and/ or Benavidez. He is that tall and rangy, he could easily be a light heavyweight.

Imagine him against Bivol. That would be tough for Morrell because Bivol is so tricky, but a fascinating fight.

Comment

I agree with Benavidez Sr, Morell should be going after those fighters first

Comment

LOL. I've said for months Benavidez was ducking Morrell. Besides the fact that Morrell is a better boxer than Benavidez, Morrell would be a fighter they can't weight bully. Morrell is bigger than Benavidez and has real power. Benavidez is going through fighters because he doesn't fight people who can actually hit him and hurt him.
                  crisantonio917 crisantonio917 likes this.

Comment

I agree w/ senior……Morrell still wet behind the ears. Dirrell would be a nice step up, Plant would be a significant step up but he has Charlo on his mind..

Comment

Working...
                    X